• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Hymer B594 , High Spec in great condition, only 70k miles (1 Viewer)

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
THUMBHYMER1a.jpg
HYMER57.jpg
hymer51.jpg
hymer59.jpg
HYMER60.jpg
hymer61.jpg
hymer63.jpg
HYMER58.jpg
hymer64.jpg
HYMER66.jpg

NOW SOLD
This Hymer A Class LHD motorhome is in great original condition and does not require any additional spending to begin enjoying a camping holiday. I bought it last October for a photography project on the Continent which is now completed.

In that time I've put 10k on the clock and the motorhome has been 100% reliable and is mechanically perfect. 2 previous Uk owners since being imported in 2001. Not sure of history before that. There is some service history to show this van has been well maintained throughout it’s life.

The interior is in great original condition. It's a testament to Hymer quality that after 20 years everything still works as it should.

The Motorhome has been fitted with a LPG tank which will comfortably last you all summer without a refill (costs £25 to fill). It also has rear air suspension for improved handling.

It was fitted with two new leisure batteries in February 2016 and had four new tyres fitted in July 2016. It also has a 100w solar panel and a further 350w panel set (see additional equipment note), LED lighting, USB hard wired charging station, 3 rear facing cameras ( a wide/narrow angle at the back and one on the right side to assist UK driving), a new rubber tile floor, an external rear storage box which can be removed and replaced with a bike rack and additional spare gas tank.

This Hymer has a great layout with a diner/work space at the rear as well as a L-shaped "mid-ship" lounge and 2 "captains" swivel front seats. In addition to the usual, very comfortable drop down double bed in the front, there is another double in the middle and a single bed at the back.

There is a Thetford cassette SOG toilet, shower and sink at the rear and an additional external shower. The motorhome is also fitted with habitation air conditioning

The kitchen has a 3 burner gas hob, a three way fridge with freezer compartment, an oven and grill and a 1 and a half bowl sink. It is also fitted with an external gas supply for your BBQ.

There is a TV antenna, satellite dish and TV cupboard, roof ladder and awning which is in perfect condition.

The Truma dual boiler is three years old and provides ample hot water and hot air central heating.

MOT : It initially failed it's MOT last year prior to me owning it and all the required work was done before being retested. It will be sold with a new 12 months MOT (currently due).For History goto Broken Link Removed P479 SBV - FIAT . NOTE: The odometer reading on last years MOT retest was input in miles in error. The failed test shows the accurate reading.

I'm certain that the new owner of this Hymer will be very happy with their purchase. Other than the odd "niggle" , I have had an entirely trouble-free experience. So as not to waste your time or mine this is my objective list of the positives and negatives of owning this van.

POSITIVES

It's a great drive and as soon as you get behind the wheel you will know there are no "hidden" lingering issues, with everything working as it should, both internally and externally. It feels barely run-in with 70k (112k kms) on the clock.

This is a high spec. motorhome with everything you need already included.

4 new tyres and 2 new leisure batteries with solar charging.

12 Month MOT

Buying a motorhome that needs no money spending on it will be far cheaper/far less hassle in the long run. If you are willing to pay the asking price I will include a list of extras, which are very useful (or necessary) and would not normally be included (see below).

NEGATIVES

The most obvious negative is that it is LHD which will not suit people doing most of their touring in the UK. The biggest issue is making left-hand turns. While this van has windows all down the right side and in this respect is better than many, it is still not ideal. The camera fitted to the right hand side improves visibility a lot and could be turned to face forward if overtaking turn out to be more of an issue.

The bodywork is beginning to cosmetically shows its age. You won't be getting envious looks when you pull into the campsite but neither will you be spending £80k on a new one! There are no damp issues and you are welcome to bring a damp meter to the viewing (or use mine). The body has had some minor repairs over the years, the most noticeable being one to the bottom right corner (see pic).

There is minor fresh water leak in the toilet flush when the water tank is full. The water enters the shower tray (about a cup full) so there is no damage and it drains into the grey water tank. I prefer to use a water container to flush the toilet so I've never addressed the issue.

I fitted a rubber tile floor which works great in both hot and cold weather and is easy to keep clean but I'm no DIY expert and it shows :) The original lino is still underneath and it would be easy to remove and refit the tiles (I have about a dozen unused tiles I will include) or put something else in if it's a bit too DIY for your taste.

ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT (included with asking price) - See last picture

• 3 extra solar panels and controller which can be rolled up and stored in the rear locker. This will give you an additional 350W charging capacity which is almost as good as a small generator
  • LPG tank adapters for both UK and EU filling stations
  • Levelling ramps
  • Hydraulic 5 ton capacity jack
  • Long Handle wheel nut socket
  • 20mtr electric hook-up cable
  • TOTAL VALUE OVER £600

If there is anything I haven’t covered in the above description, or you want to chat, please message me. I’m currently doing some touring in the UK to get the most out of the van before it goes so we may be able to arrange a suitable viewing location, particularly anywhere in the South-West. I'm in no hurry to sell so no "low ball" offers please :) Asking £14,499

Last edited:
OP
OP
Triple7

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Thanks again. I will miss her.... him....err umm..... it ;-)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Lovely van,,good luck,,,,,Someone will be very lucky..BUSBY.

OP
OP
Triple7

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I've now re-listed my Hymer. I did get some interest during the first 10 day listing but I was a bit hampered by not having an MOT so couldnt do test drives. Also for reasons unknown eBay gave me a crap search ranking.

I'm happy to report that it flew through its MOT yesterday with no advisories. Even the headlight bulb I thought was blown, was only loose :).

Also the eBay umpa lumpas who do the ranking appear to have had a change of heart and are currently ranking it 1st or 2nd... thanks ebay :)

ITEM NO:

I've "reduced" the asking price to £13,950 which is virtually giving it away ! :)

This is a photo montage of my favourite pitch in the UK. Can anyone guess where it is ?
2hymer45.jpg

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
A bargain for someone on a low budget!(y)(y)(y)

OP
OP
Triple7

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Thanks for the thumbs up Steve. Yes it is. 80-90% compared to new at 20% of the cost!

OP
OP
Triple7

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
My van is now sold. It was a very easy sale so maybe I should have charged more! Many thanks to everyone for their help.

:)
hymer sold4.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Suggest you edit the title to show it's sold now. :)

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Well done...been watching the thread to see how you got on. I've been given a load of dealer crap that ours is worth less than an older 'Classic' because it's a 2002 model! (it's in the same style as yours).

Encouraging for me when I find a replacement for our b544 classic :).

OP
OP
Triple7

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Well done...been watching the thread to see how you got on. I've been given a load of dealer crap that ours is worth less than an older 'Classic' because it's a 2002 model! (it's in the same style as yours).

Encouraging for me when I find a replacement for our b544 classic :).

Thanks Dave

Lol I wouldn't pay any attention to what they say. Not sure they are very relevant any more at the "lower" end of the market.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back