Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Good Afternoon

Apologies to those who have read already.

I put this in "Computers" but just bumping the thread in case some funsters don't venture that far down the forum list.

My Question.
Shortly off to Kinlochewe for a few weeks, need to do some banking whilst away, any one recommend the best solution/provider to get a wifi service for this area?

I know the hotel has wifi but would like my own supply.
Also tried Highland WIFI but not in the area either, seem to have found a dead spot

T

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I tethered my mobile while there earlier this year, worked OK on Vodafone, nothing too fast but good enough for banking, was able to upload photos from there (y)

Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
Wifi in the Highlands - whatever next......
Many moons ago when serving on one of Her Majesty's war canoes we had cause to be at the NATO fueling Depot in Loch Ewe - hope thats not still meant to be a secret - I went to call home to my Mum in Aberdeen as I did on a Sunday. The pay phone had "Button A" and "Button B" I was answered by the Aultbea Operator asking who I was calling - When I said Aberdeen she replied "Ooohh thats a looong Distance Call then!!!" I think it made her week Bless ;)
Lovely area though and really enjoyed any time we had cause to go around that area which we did quite a bit on Kedleston/Fearless/Ghurka all long gone now":(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Wifi in the Highlands - whatever next......
Many moons ago when serving on one of Her Majesty's war canoes we had cause to be at the NATO fueling Depot in Loch Ewe - hope thats not still meant to be a secret - I went to call home to my Mum in Aberdeen as I did on a Sunday. The pay phone had "Button A" and "Button B" I was answered by the Aultbea Operator asking who I was calling - When I said Aberdeen she replied "Ooohh thats a looong Distance Call then!!!" I think it made her week Bless ;)
Lovely area though and really enjoyed any time we had cause to go around that area which we did quite a bit on Kedleston/Fearless/Ghurka all long gone now":(
Interesting area the NATO fuelling depot. Not much to see normally but when the fleets in for re-fuelling then it can be quite spectacular.

Deleted User
NATO still has a few

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
Wonder if there is still a Standing Naval Officer there - he had a great job swanning round in his Land Rover - mind you they gave us lifts to the Hotel/Pub. We also enjoyed some of the local fishermens Crab and Lobster catch!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back