"Motorhomefun".... CL.... Dorchester area.... (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
As promised and a bit long winded... :giggler: Firstly..

Fee`s =

£7-00 per unit per night.. No EHU..
£10-00 per night per unit, With 6amp EHU 1st June till 30th October..
£13-00 Per night per unit, With 6amp EHU 1st November till 31st May..
.......................................................................................................

Facility`s.

Hard Standing.
Reasonable level grass field.
Above ground Elsan Point.
Elsan Rinsing from rain water butt.
Water point. (Own Private Supply, Certificated 100% pure)
We try to recycle as much rubbish as possible.
Use of Pool Table, (Please note the table is situated in the only room I/we are allowed to smoke in..)
Free, and by arrangement, Shower (Wet Room) for the disabled and infirm..
"Boules" (pétanque)... on level grass.
Dog Romping field/area..
Swing... Use at your own risk... (And as long as I am not playing on it.. :giggler:)
If nice but windy... a Court-yard for sitting out and a fully enclosed dog friendly garden with Chairs & Tables & Sun loungers..
............................................................................................................

The Area..
We are 15 - 20 - 30 minutes drive from The county town of Dorchester, Seaside Town of Weymouth, Bridport/West Bay Jurassic Coast and beaches. Superb Beach fishing off "Chesil Beach/Bank".. :reel:
3 - 4 Minutes drive to Hardy`s Monument and miles of Bridleways/Footpaths/Forest walks on and around "National Trust Land"
We are situated on Number 2 "Cycle route".. (Dunno what that means but there are loads of sign`s saying so and weekends loads of cyclist`s and clubs riding by.. :RollEyes:::bigsmile:)

I will in due course put up a locker with loads of pamphlets and Information on what is worth seeing..
.......................................................................................................

General information.

Wednesday between 5pm and 6-30pm a Fish and chip mobile unit call`s in the village... (They are very nice (y))
Friday night I get a "Chinese Takeaway"... approx 6pm.. (Those that had them at Bagwell... It`s the same people who supplied us.. (y))

The pub in the village (The Brewers Arms) is renowned for their meal`s.. Booking is advisable...
So that them that want to.... I can drop you off at the pub and when you have finished and want to come back just text/phone me and I will pick you up... (That way you, the driver can have a good drink:drink:)
.....................................................................................................

Now a synopsis...

We are situated in a very rural area, superb for Walks and fabulous views over the Black Down Hills and Bride Valley and up to the Monument... But..

Being where we are on one of the highest spot`s in Dorset.... we get the weather.... When it`s nice it`s beautiful.... but we tend to get a lot of Sea mist and Rain and wind..

There is only one small village shop (Approx a mile away) NO multiples..

But every day Judy goes to either Asda/Somerfield/Sainsburys/Aldi or Lidl.. so anyone wanting anything is more than welcome to go with her...

So basically a superb spot for touring/Sightseeing the wonders Dorset has to offer...

But...

Cycles or some form of transport if you don`t want to use your Mo-Home is recommended... (No regular Bus service..)..

We will do all we can to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable ...
.....................................................................................................

A few web sites that may be of interest =

http://www.visit-dorchester.co.uk/
http://www.dorchesterdorset.com/

http://www.weymouth.co.uk/

http://www.tankmuseum.org/home

http://www.monkeyworld.org/

http://www.fleetairarm.com/

For more information, please ask..

For enquiries regarding stopping, Please PM/Conversation me...

I don`t want to put my address and phone number on open forum..

Regards and

:bear:

Mo, Judy & Paul.

PS.......... Someone has asked me what size can we take..

We have had 32 -34 ft builders lorries get in OK...

We have had (I think) 34 - 36 ft lorries, but they found it easier to reverse in because of the gate post`s getting in the way, but once through the gate, plenty of room to manoeuvre...

Last edited:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
£7-00 per unit per night.. No EHU..
£10-00 per night per unit, With 6amp EHU 1st June till 30th October..
£13-00 Per night per unit, With 6amp EHU 1st November till 31st May..
Is it free on October 31st? :giggler:;):whistle:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Will certainly use it if we're down that way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Well done Mo, a brilliant sales job for a fabulous area of Dorset. I'd use it, but I only live about five miles away. Come on down Funsters, it is a beautiful part of the world!

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Will look forward to a stay with you. Good to have it open all year round as a great distance for us to have a quick weekend or so. Can we have a grand opening rally?

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Thanks for info. What day are the dancing girls on.:eek:

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
May be down sometime in September Mo depending if we have time to kill waiting for our new property to complete

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Looking forward to a last stop over before getting home. If there is space available end August, I'll see you then.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back