Christmas site suggestions please.. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Looking for a site for a week at Christmas.. preferably with an indoor pool / water complex, would be good if there were also evening entertainment.. but not essential..

Not for me personally.. I prefer quiet remote places.. happy reading a book.. but have a 16 yo to keep entertained..

My first thought was a Haven site .. but they are closed from November till March..

East Anglia preferred, but happy to travel further... but Not abroad..

Thanks for any suggestions.. :)

Terry and Jan

Free Member
Feb 25, 2014
Saltash,Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
We have had 2 christmas's at Hillhead Brixham no pool but lunch and entertainment included in price starting christmas eve in bar.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I have the same request, but for somewhere in Portugal.
Never been and don't know what to expect.

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Not a site, but we've spent Christmas here... Broken Link Removed
Superb swimming pool and spa facilities.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi...........
Don't SHOOT the messenger........ CHECK UP FIRST.

Butlins ?................................... "Skeggy"?

A mate went one year,i think the site is connected to the complex through a tunnel,if i remember correctly,he booked All in,food,entertainment etc.
Do they still do this offer ? I am sure that if you encounter any problems, the mention of "Mr Tootles" name. CEO of Lincolnshire Tourist board. Will ensure prompt service.
Tea Bag.
PS. Anyone been in "Yabbas ?.... Emporium ? I find it cheaper to chuck a fiver through the door and walk by LOL

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Have abandoned the 'week away' idea..

instead we will have a few nights close to home and spend one of them at the Old Hall Caister.. have booked it with Christmas dinner.. and will visit out son at his new home in Beccles . can't beat a bit of freeloading on a driveway.. :D

thanks for all the suggestions..

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
spend one of them at the Old Hall Caister.

I keep hearing about this place.

Are their motorhome facilities just space in their car park or some kind of dedicated aire/CL type set up?

Lynne Steele

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Lleyn peninsula
Funster No
MH
Majestic accordo 125
Exp
4 years

Are their motorhome facilities just space in their car park or some kind of dedicated aire/CL type set up?

Look at their web site, looks great, electric hook up available too. Wish we lived closer

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland

space in the car park with EHU .. from the site>>>>>>

We have electric hook up subject to availability and during your stay you have complementary use of our Leisure facilities including showers, gym, swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi and steam room.

Broken Link Removed

Only £15.00 per pitch per night

This includes a £10 credit to your account that can be used in the bar
or restaurant.

The value of the voucher is only redeemable againist purchases.

street view https://www.google.com/maps/@52.648...P7rk-0fHYOdQY7PLw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en-GB

Last edited:

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We're thinking of joining the CCC Rally at Turiscampo for Christmas. Anyone been on one of their rallies? It looks like great value for money with lots of choice of things to do.
Mags

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
We're thinking of joining the CCC Rally at Turiscampo for Christmas. Anyone been on one of their rallies? It looks like great value for money with lots of choice of things to do.
Mags
Not been on a rally but it's a short cycle ride into Lagos for supermarkets, marina and town. You can walk to Praia Da Luz, but up hill coming back, this is when electric bikes come into their own.
Good Indian restaurant in Espiche, in fact a few good restaurants in Espiche, and some good walks at the rear of the campsite. We enjoyed a month there in November 2015 and found plenty to do.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Mags
We do C&C C rally in Spain (ALMAFRA) every year. Turistcampo in Portugal is a lovely site but the weather is not as reliable in the winter as Costa Blanca with it being on The Atlantic and not The Med. Been doing Spain in winter for years now and have always had excellent weather. Cant last i keep saying but up to now it has. BUSBY.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We do C&C C rally in Spain (ALMAFRA) every year. Turistcampo in Portugal is a lovely site but the weather is not as reliable in the winter as Costa Blanca with it being on The Atlantic and not The Med. Been doing Spain in winter for years now and have always had excellent weather. Cant last i keep saying but up to now it has. BUSBY.
Thanks for the advice. Mags

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
And there was me thinking that my son's offer of Xmas dinner at his new home this year was a bit on the early side:rolleyes::LOL:

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
And there was me thinking that my son's offer of Xmas dinner at his new home this year was a bit on the early side:rolleyes::LOL:
ITS BLOODY AUGUST...

.. and breathe
I know, I know - usually I hate it when people mention Christmas before the end of November but we're going to have to book. Apologies. Get back in your humbugs ;)
Mags

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I know, I know - usually I hate it when people mention Christmas before the end of November but we're going to have to book. Apologies. Get back in your humbugs ;)
Mags
Its getting to the stage unfortunately that if you don't book up early your choice of site and ferry is very limited. BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back