scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Can any Safari user advise on this problem,

My on-line banking page won't open, have checked Safari security settings and followed the instructions from Safari Help, cleared cash, reset etc etc .. but still won't open.. also reported bug to Apple.

Works fine using Firefox

Safari 4.0.3

Safari can’t open the page “https://welcome27.co-operativebank.co.uk/CBIBSWeb/start.do” because Safari can’t establish a secure connection to the server “welcome27.co-operativebank.co.uk”.

thanks in advance

jim

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Hi Jim.
Funny that.

I have an account I dont use or visit very often. First time after getting my Imac I couldnt get in. Found the page ok but the site wouldn't recognise my password or any of the security settings.

I phoned the bank and they gave me a reset code, after that I had to redo all the security questions and answers.

When I told the girl on the phone that I had changed to safari she just said Uh Huh as if she gets it all the time....... and I have heard other stories about some sites not recognising safari.

All works fine once I got in the first time.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Jim

Sorry but I just had to say it, perhaps the bank won't let you "Clear any More CASH":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My on-line banking page won't open, have checked Safari security settings and followed the instructions from Safari Help, cleared cash, reset etc etc .. but still won't open.. also reported bug to Apple.

jim

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?

Works fine using Firefox

Safari 4.0.3

Safari can’t open the page “Link Removed because Safari can’t establish a secure connection to the server “welcome27.co-operativebank.co.uk”.

thanks in advance

jim

Hi Jim.

I get the feeling that most web sites are set up to work with Microsoft and lack compatibility with anything else.:Doh:

It's the site programmers and developers.

Mention anything to them that doesn't have the word Micro++++ in it and they say ...What!

I always have to drop back to IE...:Doh: When doing my internet banking.

There's no...or doesn't appear to be....compatibility with other browsers.....

So much for freedom of choice eh?:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I have found that a number of financial sites are happier with Firefox than Safari (and that's on a Mac). It goes without saying that they are all designed with the almost ubiquitous "Seattle Browser" in mind rather than any of the other excellent browsers now commonly in use.

Also, a number of banks are now introducing security software. I am aware of RBS group providing "Rapport" from Trusteer as a free security download. So far, there is not a Mac version so it may not work with Safari for Windoze either. Not sure if your bank is using this but it may be worth bearing in mind.

Philip

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I have found that a number of financial sites are happier with Firefox than Safari (and that's on a Mac). It goes without saying that they are all designed with the almost ubiquitous "Seattle Browser" in mind rather than any of the other excellent browsers now commonly in use.

Also, a number of banks are now introducing security software. I am aware of RBS group providing "Rapport" from Trusteer as a free security download. So far, there is not a Mac version so it may not work with Safari for Windoze either. Not sure if your bank is using this but it may be worth bearing in mind.

Philip

Hi Philip

I have the same issue on the Mac using Safari ..
after Googling the problem it would appear to be a well documented issue, there is even a page on the Apple help site devoted to it .. I won't lose sleep over it .. :roflmto:

thanks for your input

jim

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
Not sure about the PC version but the Mac version has the facility to open while masquerading as another browser. Go to preferences > advanced > show develop in menu then select the browser style you want to open the file in.
John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Not sure about the PC version but the Mac version has the facility to open while masquerading as another browser. Go to preferences > advanced > show develop in menu then select the browser style you want to open the file in.
John

Hi John

Tried that .. Safari promptly crashed.. thanks for the suggestion

Will there ever be a perfect browser.. ? Probably not, so it's back to Firefox, not perfect either but at least it opens the bank page.. :roflmto:

jim

BDauncey

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Funster No
Hi,
I've just had a phish attack when trying to sign on to the Coop and have been searching the Web for solutions, so apologies if this has come too late. That address is redirecting to a site trying to obtain your security details, so perhaps Safari is doing a good job in stopping you getting there! (thinking about it, you must be using a Mac, so I'm not sure how you've got infected).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back