Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Has anyone had any dealings lately with Spinney. Are they any good? Would you buy from them? Is their aftersales any good.
Any dealings with them ,good or bad, would be appreciated.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I know a few that have bought from them as I used to live close bye. There aftersales used to be good,but for the price they charge when buying a MH from them it should be.

OP
OP
Bobby22

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
I know a few that have bought from them as I used to live close bye. There aftersales used to be good,but for the price they charge when buying a MH from them it should be.
Do you reckon their vans are overpriced or are you looking at the screen price?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Bought my current van from them, only because Johns Cross do not sell Swifts .
The sales team at Spinney were very good and the after sales I experienced no problems whatsoever. They offer a courtesy car as well which helped us no end .

Reactions: JJ
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
They are a decent family run business. If they had a van that I wanted at the price I wanted to pay I would not hesitate in buying from them.

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
Bought our motorhome from them last year, took it back for a habitation service this year and no problems.
Always friendly when we call in, also see them at the motorhome shows and Matt who was our sales guy always
takes time to chat with us. Other funsters I have spoken to say they have had excellent service when problems
have arisen.

Ray

Reactions: JJ

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Do you reckon their vans are overpriced or are you looking at the screen price?

I think most dealer vans are overpriced. They have to be to take into account any problems that may become evident after the van has been sold. If you do not have a problem then you have paid for something you have not had. I believe dealers charge work out at a minimum of £50 per hour, I was never able to earn money that quick.

Brendan

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 25, 2012
Here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
I bought my van from them earlier this year, and soon after noticed a problem with the comfortmatic gearbox - potentially a very expensive fix.
All along they said they would cover the cost of repair.
As I live 250 miles away from them, they suggested taking it to a local fiat professional dealer.
While the bill was not as bad as it could potentially have been, it was still in the order of £1000.
This was paid direct by Spinney to the repairer immediately.
It's when you have these problems that you find out how good a dealer is, and I couldn't have asked for better service from Spinney.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
We purchased a new van from them in January 2014, got lots of extra stuff thrown in on the deal - but only cos Mrs KK is a cheeky monkey - They wouldnt come down on price but offered us : 120w Solar panel supplied/fitted, Fiamma Bike Carrier supplied/fitted, TV/DVD combi with wall mounted bracket supplied/fitted, lagged both fresh and waste water tanks, swivel passenger front seat supplied/fitted, so deals are to be done if you ask, not long after having the van the water pump packed up, drove it there after arranging a date and they fit a new one while we waited, a few months later the control panel packed up and the same again - we waited while they fitted a new one plus paid for our breakfast in the on site cafe - cant really say anything bad about our dealings with them - would i use again = yes recommend = yes !
I can say more good about Spinney than the muppets who i deal with now !

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I think most dealer vans are overpriced. They have to be to take into account any problems that may become evident after the van has been sold. If you do not have a problem then you have paid for something you have not had. I believe dealers charge work out at a minimum of £50 per hour, I was never able to earn money that quick.
You are behind the times more like £80 +vat these days

Jul 21, 2013
Vienne France
Funster No
MH
VW T4 & MC LOUIS 671
Exp
2013 / 2004
We baught ours from them . The van and the aftersales have been fab. Would deffonatly buy from them again.

OP
OP
Bobby22

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Well I did buy a van from Spinney and i feel i got a fair deal, they were very accommodating and allowed us to overnight in their car park.

Everything was ready when they said it would be.

I have since had one or two teething problems. One being my fridge, they had an engineer sent out ( through Dometic ) that day to a rally field and sorted it.

I returned to get one or two other niggles sorted and it was no problem to them.

All in all a very good professional experience and i'm delighted with my new van.

Thanks for your input and feedback, it really has given me peace of mind.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back