Concorde Charisma CoC - Desperate plea (1 Viewer)

May 6, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 841
Exp
since 2006
We have a Concorde Charisma 2 ...ours is an 840L. Now its a real big longshot but we are having one hell of a bad time registering ours in France where we now live. Ours is a Dec 2007 (2008 Model) and as such never had a Certificate of Conformity issued. Yes we have been taking to the factory, we have even visited, but still we cant get a CoC from them due to German privacy laws, they say we would have to find one from another owner. so frustrating! The DRIRE here, like the DOT have agreed that they will register our van but we need to provide then with an example CoC for a similar vehicle. Without it they wont agree the cabin, or the wing mirrors conform. This was the latest visit today...so thats way further than we have managed to get in the past 14months...at least we left their offices with a glimmer of hope! (its taken 7 months and 600 quid just to get a conformity certificate from Iveco for the chassis! well a letter to say that is doesn't conform) So we were wondering by some stroke of luck if anyone out there has copy of a CoC for a Charisma 2? If we don't succeed this time its going to have to be sold....its so frustrating as we love the van and have spent a small fortune on it! Anyway, all the best from here in France. Regards Mark & Caroline mark.leggett@me.com

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I thought privicy laws related to people not vehicles. Seems very unreasonable.
Can you contact a concorde owners club?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Don't see how that would help the converters C of C is specific to the vehicle and has the VIN number on it. Don't understand why Concorde won't supply one, Hymer do at a cost. I think you have just spoken to the wrong person at Concorde if you know who the original supplying dealer was it could be worth going through them if they are still Concorde dealers they may get better results than an individual.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
Hi
We have a Charisma 2, 890M. Very similar to 840 M I think, apart from length. I'll have a trawl through the docs after tea, see if we have a COC. If not, I'll give Southdowns a ring and see if they can help.

OP
OP
Concorde
May 6, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 841
Exp
since 2006
Hi
We have a Charisma 2, 890M. Very similar to 840 M I think, apart from length. I'll have a trawl through the docs after tea, see if we have a COC. If not, I'll give Southdowns a ring and see if they can help.

Thanks for that...you never know those huge blue briefcases contain all sorts of stuff! I have talked to Ben at Southdowns but sadly they don't any copies and they don't have a Charisma 2 in the used stock to even go and rifle through. I know Concorde didn't start issuing CoC's until 2009.....had I have known that Id have bought a later one!

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Not sure if this will help but may be worth a try....
If there is anyone on here that is still on the Dark Side they may be able to ask this chap who posted there.....

Link Removed Dark Side.com/forum-printtopic-1-173641-0-0-asc-viewresult-1.html

Our new van has so many accessories and optional extras fitted, that we're going to be close to our weight limit of 5990KG.

It's on a Mercedes Sprinter base.
It's an Automatic and has airbrakes.

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the possible uprating outcome on this particular set-up.
What, if any, increase in payload could i get.

The cost itself wouldn't be an issue, if it means staying safe and legal.

I'm aware of SVtech and have drafted an email to them.

I'm not technically minded and the form just confused me.

All my paperwork, including the certificate of conformity is in German, would this cause problems?

Slightly different model number but might be worth a try? The link above is being changed by those naughty fairies but if you Google 'Concord Charisma Certificate of Conformity' it is 2nd or 3rd item down.

Just noticed this is on a Sprinter base so probably no good.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Concorde
May 6, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 841
Exp
since 2006
Don't see how that would help the converters C of C is specific to the vehicle and has the VIN number on it. Don't understand why Concorde won't supply one, Hymer do at a cost. I think you have just spoken to the wrong person at Concorde if you know who the original supplying dealer was it could be worth going through them if they are still Concorde dealers they may get better results than an individual.

Don't ask me why German privacy laws work in the way they do. I have a good relationship with the guys who work there, but still there is NO chance of them letting one out....as for the logic of the French! I was just lucky enough to meet us with someone I know who works there at DRIRE toady, a classic motorbike nut, who helpfully suggested that they could do it via this route of a CoC for a similar vehicle. After 14 months of hard work, 11 trips to the prefecture, 7 months of agro with Iveco getting a chassis CoC.... I would have happily bought a CoC if they could have supplied one. The only alternative beyond that is €15,000 or more for a UTAC inspection in Paris, with no guarantee it will pass (The guy at DRIRE doubted it stood a chance!)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Don't ask me why German privacy laws work in the way they do. I have a good relationship with the guys who work there, but still there is NO chance of them letting one out....as for the logic of the French! I was just lucky enough to meet us with someone I know who works there at DRIRE toady, a classic motorbike nut, who helpfully suggested that they could do it via this route of a CoC for a similar vehicle. After 14 months of hard work, 11 trips to the prefecture, 7 months of agro with Iveco getting a chassis CoC.... I would have happily bought a CoC if they could have supplied one. The only alternative beyond that is €15,000 or more for a UTAC inspection in Paris, with no guarantee it will pass (The guy at DRIRE doubted it stood a chance!)
Blimey that's a nightmare, sounds like the French don't really want to be part of the EU.

OP
OP
Concorde
May 6, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 841
Exp
since 2006
Blimey that's a nightmare, sounds like the French don't really want to be part of the EU.

You would'nt believe it. Ive been refused registration of my pickup on the basis of the UK not being part of Europe...I went ballistic! the woman in the Prefecture said it was her decision based on the fact that the UK didn't use the euro. With that she pulled down the blind in at her position....end of story!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
You would'nt believe it. Ive been refused registration of my pickup on the basis of the UK not being part of Europe...I went ballistic! the woman in the Prefecture said it was her decision based on the fact that the UK didn't use the euro. With that she pulled down the blind in at her position....end of story!
They are just in the EU for the handouts.

Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
Thanks for that...you never know those huge blue briefcases contain all sorts of stuff! I have talked to Ben at Southdowns but sadly they don't any copies and they don't have a Charisma 2 in the used stock to even go and rifle through. I know Concorde didn't start issuing CoC's until 2009.....had I have known that Id have bought a later one!

No luck in my blue briefcase I'm afraid. I was going to try Ben at Southdowns but I see you have already done that. I'll try emailing Russell Ayling, with a link to this thread.
We are also planning to register our Charisma in France but not until next year.
Whereabouts in France are you?

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
We've registered 3 cars in France which originated in the UK, none had CoC but the French HQ of the manufacturer sent me a letter confirming that the cars met European regulations at the time they were built..That was sufficient....

So try Concorde France, see if they can provide one or a letter saying it does meet the requirements at the date of manufacture...a letter in French from a French company or office with a French address works wonders....

This has been a major problem of UK caravanners for years who have wanted to register UK built caravans in France...

OP
OP
Concorde
May 6, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 841
Exp
since 2006
No luck in my blue briefcase I'm afraid. I was going to try Ben at Southdowns but I see you have already done that. I'll try emailing Russell Ayling, with a link to this thread.
We are also planning to register our Charisma in France but not until next year.
Whereabouts in France are you?
We are here near Le Mont St Michel right on the Brittany Normandy border...where are you planning on heading to? We have been here 8 years now, and just love the place....

OP
OP
Concorde
May 6, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 841
Exp
since 2006
Cricky Mark. Cannot believe you are still going through all this.
Bloody van has just spent 4 weeks at the local dealers whilst they ticked boxes for the paper work....one sheet of A4 !!! Been told today unless we can find a CoC for a similar van then we have little or no chance of registering it here....so bloody frustrating

OP
OP
Concorde
May 6, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 841
Exp
since 2006
We've registered 3 cars in France which originated in the UK, none had CoC but the French HQ of the manufacturer sent me a letter confirming that the cars met European regulations at the time they were built..That was sufficient....

So try Concorde France, see if they can provide one or a letter saying it does meet the requirements at the date of manufacture...a letter in French from a French company or office with a French address works wonders....

This has been a major problem of UK caravanners for years who have wanted to register UK built caravans in France...
Sadly Opale Evasion are the distributors here in France, I called them and asked if they could help...its was a bit like the Monty Python sketch...(in a french accent) I wiggle my nose at you!!! I was told I they would do nothing to her me, I should have bought my Concorde from them in France. They even refused to point blank to undertake any serve work on it. Having been here 8 years and speaking reasonable french I was disgusted. The guy I talked to was bloody rude. Not what I had expected of Concorde

Likewise, I've registered a number of vehicles here, and most have been a doddle...the only problem one has been a Ford F350 Dually....now thats was a pain. my last Hymer S820 was not straightforward as I had to go through Recpetion Titre Isolé, like the UK SVA. but it was ok....but this one, Give me Strength!

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Sadly Opale Evasion are the distributors here in France, I called them and asked if they could help...its was a bit like the Monty Python sketch...(in a french accent) I wiggle my nose at you!!! I was told I they would do nothing to her me, I should have bought my Concorde from them in France. They even refused to point blank to undertake any serve work on it. Having been here 8 years and speaking reasonable french I was disgusted. The guy I talked to was bloody rude. Not what I had expected of Concorde

Hobby France have the same stance and an 'agreement' allegedly that Hobby Germany will not supply CofC to individuals in France. Hobby France, who are really just the main dealer/distributor in France and not part of the Hobby group, also state that you should have bought directly in France not cheaper from elsewhere, and why should we jump through hoops to dig you out of the hole you've jumped in!!! if you insist then we will charge you by the bucketful and make it as frustrating as possible..

One faint hope maybe would be to go to the Paris exhibition in September and make such a fuss that they agree to help just to get you off the stand:mad:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Likewise, I've registered a number of vehicles here, and most have been a doddle...the only problem one has been a Ford F350 Dually....now thats was a pain. my last Hymer S820 was not straightforward as I had to go through Recpetion Titre Isolé, like the UK SVA. but it was ok....but this one, Give me Strength!
So, if you have to sell this one back in the UK and buy in France I can guess that you won't be buying of Opale Evasion.

Martin

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
One faint hope maybe would be to go to the Paris exhibition in September and make such a fuss that they agree to help just to get you off the stand:mad:
Sounds like a good idea might be worth a trip up to Dusseldorf with the same option in mind, some of the big chiefs may be around at Dusseldorf.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Do they have a service centre at their factory in Germany?
If so, why not go there in person and ask for one?

Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
We are here near Le Mont St Michel right on the Brittany Normandy border...where are you planning on heading to? We have been here 8 years now, and just love the place....
We are heading towards the Lot et Garonne....we are planning to buy a house there as soon as we can sell our house here in Cumbria. The housing market has gone a bit flat here at the moment after Brexit but we've had a few people looking round. We will come over to France anyway in October for a couple of months and leave the estate agent to show people round.
No word back from Russel at Southdowns yet.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Not sure if this relevant as my experiences are limited to re-registering UK cars (5 so far), our MH is French.

Smart - the big prob was Mercedes in France. Won't bore you with how they were such s**** but in the end I went on-line and obtained CoC from Mercedes UK. This of course had duplicate watermarked all over it as the original had gone to DVLA when Smart was first registered in UK so Mme in the Prefecture initially refused to believe that my doc was an original duplicate. And as you know many of the docs you need have to be originals not photocopies.

Fiat - Fiat France wanted a fortune so again went to UK online site and it was FREE.

It all cases the Prefecture has kept the CoC I gave them.

The moral of this - keep searching on-line someone, somewhere in Yoorp will provide you with a CoC. Bonne chance anyway.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
its about time the situation regarding originals and copies was reviewed most documents come out of an ink jet or laser printer which end of a phone line has little effect

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
None of the French people I know have ever imported a S/H foreign vehicle so why change the system for a handful of foreigners ?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
None of the French people I know have ever imported a S/H foreign vehicle so why change the system for a handful of foreigners ?
Because France is in the EU and signed up to the common trade agreement an EU citizen should be able to buy goods including motor vehicles in whichever country in the EU they wish. If France do not agree they should leave the EU.
They are quite happy to claim all their farming subsidies but don't want to play by the rules.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
And I can buy a vehicle in any country I wish.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Yodeli (Frankie) who is a member here knows of a man that can in France, maybe an idea to contact her for his details?

It was me who gave Frankie the contact as he prepared the dossier for our Hobby registration. I did however have the CoC from Hobby and Fiat but not sure if Frankie had them already too. Away atm in the van but unless Frankie can give you the contact in the meantime I can provide it when home next week.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back