LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hello all you big game fishermen, We normaly go to North Norway,above the Arctic Circle in June-July. A few friends have been asking if they could tag along, so thought I would put a post on here to see if anyone is interested.
We normaly stay a couple of weeks at www.flakstadvag.no where they have a good campsite and you can rent a boat by the day or week.
If none of you have been fishing in Norway you have to see it to believe it.
Even if you don`t fish the scenery is unbelievable.
If there is enough interest I will try to get some discounts.
Even if your not interested in fishing or scenery,have a look at the website,its very beutifull.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hello all you big game fishermen, We normaly go to North Norway,above the Arctic Circle in June-July. A few friends have been asking if they could tag along, so thought I would put a post on here to see if anyone is interested.
We normaly stay a couple of weeks at www.flakstadvag.no where they have a good campsite and you can rent a boat by the day or week.
If none of you have been fishing in Norway you have to see it to believe it.
Even if you don`t fish the scenery is unbelievable.
If there is enough interest I will try to get some discounts.
Even if your not interested in fishing or scenery,have a look at the website,its very beutifull.

Could be interested in this Snowbird. I am a fisherman & would love to see Noway but I recall it can be expensive.
How about more details? Like route to take, how far is it, costs for campsite etc.

Keith

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Could be interested in this Snowbird. I am a fisherman & would love to see Noway but I recall it can be expensive.
How about more details? Like route to take, how far is it, costs for campsite etc.

Keith
Mornin Kieth, Yes Norway is expensive, as is the rest of Europe to us once powerfull nation. Norway is more expensive but we take everything with us,including bread that we put in the oven to finish off baking.
The route I take always starts in Holland,mainly becouse I am usualy here at that time of year.
Hamburg-Lubeck-Oldenborg.
Short boat trip to Rodby, you can pay for the bridge at Helsingborg with your ferry ticket and get a discount.
Gotenborg-Oslo, Then pick up the Nordcap route E6 for Narvik, then over the bridge to the isle of Senja.
If you are into fly fishing then of course you can vary your route to take in some of the best fly fishing in the world, IMO better than the hallowed Tay.
And most of it is FREE.
Check out the website of the place I stay. www.flakstadvak.no

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

norsman

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Nth Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
38` A Class RV
Exp
Two
Hi Snowbird,
We could also be interested, both of us like sea fishing and Norway is the only country we have considered visiting in our M/Home, (after spending most of our time tramping around Europe with a truck it doesn`t appeal to us much). If you can let us know more details we would be grateful. We would more than likely ship out of Hull as it is only 45mins away from our home. I think the direct Newcastle ferry was cancelled this year. Hope to hear from you.
Geoff & Lynn

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We watched some salmon fishing up in Swedish Lapland about 5 years ago it was in the summer and these guys were pulling enormous fish out of the river and hanging them on racks ...not being a fisherman I haven't a clue as to weight but these were BIG and 3-4 feet long.

It was by a weir and the water was incredibly fast and dangerous. and they had quite a fight on their hands........probably one of the most exciting things we have ever watched.

But then there was feeding time at the bear park......That was another story!

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We watched some salmon fishing up in Swedish Lapland about 5 years ago it was in the summer and these guys were pulling enormous fish out of the river and hanging them on racks ...not being a fisherman I haven't a clue as to weight but these were BIG and 3-4 feet long.

It was by a weir and the water was incredibly fast and dangerous. and they had quite a fight on their hands........probably one of the most exciting things we have ever watched.

But then there was feeding time at the bear park......That was another story!
Hi, I know guys that have paid a fortune to fish salmon in Scotland and have cought nothing. One friend doing it for years and only catching two.
I was fishing in Lapland for 3 hours and landed 5.
Had to give it up after that, was completly knackered.
Have a houshold freezer in one of the lockers and run the genny all the way home to keep the catch.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Mornin Kieth, Yes Norway is expensive, as is the rest of Europe to us once powerfull nation. Norway is more expensive but we take everything with us,including bread that we put in the oven to finish off baking.
The route I take always starts in Holland,mainly becouse I am usualy here at that time of year.
Hamburg-Lubeck-Oldenborg.
Short boat trip to Rodby, you can pay for the bridge at Helsingborg with your ferry ticket and get a discount.
Gotenborg-Oslo, Then pick up the Nordcap route E6 for Narvik, then over the bridge to the isle of Senja.
If you are into fly fishing then of course you can vary your route to take in some of the best fly fishing in the world, IMO better than the hallowed Tay.
And most of it is FREE.
Check out the website of the place I stay. www.flakstadvak.no
Sorry spelling wrong,its, www,flakstadvag.no

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
What is the temperature like at that time of year Snowbird.
Damned hot, What you must remember is that above the Polar Circle in summer it does NOT go dark.
So that means the sun shines 24-7, Dosn`t go dark so dosn`t have chance for the earth to cool.
Takes some getting used to at first, you need good blinds or you don`t sleep.:thumb:

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Scandinavia........... You love it, or you hate it (no inbetween possible :winky:)

Ineke and I have been there more than 20 times, and we hope we can visit that part of Europe for many more times !!!
Our first vacation to Norway was in 1978. The first years we used a tent :cry:, than after 1992 we used our caravan :Smile: and in 2008 we visited Scandinavia with our camper :thumb:.
This year we went to France and in september for the first time to England :ROFLMAO:

We don't know yet what we will do in 2010 :whistle: But Ineke will certainly give some great idea's again !!!

But back to business, if going up north you can also consider to travel through Sweden using for instance the E45. Near Karlstad you can consider to take route 26. This road joins the E45 again in Johannisholm near Mora (Gotenborg-Johannisholm is about 500 km) As soon as you have passed Karlstad you can find many lovely places to wildcamp. You just have to keep your eyes open and respect the residents and the nature. Check the Allemansrett, its convenient to know what rules and expectations are in place.

In Johannisholm you can f.i. consider to take a campsite Lat 60.826302 Lon 14.126549, check GoogleMaps or Camping. Its a lovely campsite and the last time we were there (2008) the internet connection was free of charge. This campsite is owned by a Dutch couple, but many campsites in Europe are owned by the Dutch :Blush:. The advantage is that the rules are not as strict as on the big pure Swedish camping sites. Don't be freightened, there are a lot of small Swedish camping sites as well:winky:

After that you can continue on the E45 for another, i think 1.100 km :whatthe:

Still 500 km to go: Turn left onto the E10, than the E6 and after 400 km turn left onto the smaller roads for the remaining 100 km.

Total of the above trip from Gotenborg to Flakstadvag via Sweden is 2.100 km.

If you take the total trip along the Baltic Sea coast line (road nr 40 and than on to the E4, ending part the same) it will be 2.150 km

If you do the trip by using the E6 in Norway it will be 2.000 km. (consider using road 3 at Hamar, or more south use road 2 at Gjerdrum, road 20 at Kongsvinger which puts you on road 3 at Elverum)

Tip one
Cost of living in Sweden is less expensive than Norway

Tip two
Prices of petrol and diesel are far more cheaper in Sweden

Tip three
There is a maximum amount of self catched fish you can export !!
Chance they check you out was not that great in the passed but heard of a German who was caught and the penalty in Euro was amazing, real amazing high and he was also not allowed to enter Norway again for a few years !!
The Scandinavians are checking this more and more every year.
This is mainly caused by East Europeans who travel to Scandinavia with only one goal: catch, catch, catch and freeze it all to take it back to their own country

Tip four
Enjoy Scandinavia and don't travel too long in one day, be satisfied if you travel less than 200 km on a daily basis and enjoy the hours not riding :RollEyes: Your average speed will be rather low :thumb:

I guess you will understand we will not join you in Flakstadvag next year, Still working so my "main" holiday cannot be longer than three weeks :cry:
But.... hope to retire in 2011

If we go to Scandinavia in 2010 we will have to stay much more South

Another tip
I have some poi's of fishing places in Sweden if you are interested let me know. Its not that big a file but everly little thing helps :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back