DutchDog Doggyride Trailer review.. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Bought one last year at the end of summer so didn't really try it out properly until we went to France this year.. We have two dogs , a JRT and a Cairn Terrier.. they both fit in with space to spare.. we only had Mylo with us in France.

So.. what can I say..

It's a very well made trailer, simply to assemble and pack away.. very well constructed with quality materials.

Assembly is easy, it uses quick release pins on both wheels and drawbar..

I towed it behind a non electric mountain bike, it was ok on the flat, I could keep a steady speed of about 10mph .. you certainly know t's there... uphill it was a bit of a toil.. it would benefit from being lighter..

Have also towed it with an electric bike and it's no problem.. you know it's there but it doesn't hold you back

Mylo loves it.. he soon realised that when he went out in it he was going out for some fun at a beach where he loves to swim.. so much so, he would sit in it when it was sitting on the site.. It could be used as kennel ..

Out riding, he put his paws up on the front opening flap and stood on his hind legs .. wish I had a picture.. you could see he was enjoying the ride.. It also doubles up as a shopping trailer ..

It folds away and is quite compact.. but would need a decent sized locker or garage to store it..

My only criticising is the weight.. it would have been better if made of alloy tube instead of mild steel ...

More info here

http://www.doggyride.com

Price.. it's not cheap .. I paid £211.65, from Canine Concepts

there are cheaper trailers on eBay and elsewhere.. but whether they are of the same quality I couldn't say.. you generally get what you pay for ..

Edit.. found a picture , taken at Parc Verger on the cycle path ..

IMG_0503.jpg

and another .. at Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer

DSCN4552.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DBK
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Interesting, I've been looking at the doggyhut trailer recently, did you compare this to doggyhut?
What is the weight of yours

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Interesting, I've been looking at the doggyhut trailer recently, did you compare this to doggyhut?
What is the weight of yours
No.. didn't do a comparison.. someone recommended it to me ..

from the site specs. http://www.doggyride.com/us/en/P1265/DoggyRide-Original-dog-bike-trailer.aspx

Max dog size 26-in/65 cm shoulder height
Interior dimensions 31.5 x 21 x 25.5 in/80 x 56 x 65 cm
Net Weight 38 lbs/17 kgs
Maximum Loading Capacity 100 lbs/45 kgs
Catalog page http://issuu.com/dutchdogdesign/docs/dutchdog_catalog_2014_06_25_en_web/5
Wheel size/tire 20 inch/Kenda 20 x 1.75

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back