TonyMull

Free Member
Aug 8, 2016
Southport
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML-T 580
Exp
Before visiting the dealer to order our new Hymer we downloaded the 2016 price list off Hymer's web site. The dealer told us that in fact to order a new Hymer now (July) we have to use the, as yet unpublished, 2017 price list, which in their estimate will add a whacking 7% to the base price and 2% on options. This raised the price of the spec we wanted by almost £5k. I should also say that the ML-T 580 is already Euro 6 compliant and as far as we know there are no plans for any significant changes to the 2016 spec.

Is it normal to bring in the next years price list so early in the current year. Or, are we just being screwed?

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
I think it's due to Hymer having no more build slots available in 2016, so you'd probably be looking at a 2017 year build date which would naturally attract the 2017 price.

We ordered our MLI 580 in July 2015 and finally got hold of it in March 2016 for the above reason.

Dealers do get MH's built up on spec, to sell as new vans (which of course they are), but it does take the build slots up for customers who want to spec their own van.

Travel world did have a new 2016 MLT a few weeks ago, which might be a more immediate and 2016 priced option for you provided you are happy with how it's been spec'd.

Good luck with the van, cracking bit of kit !

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
New price list always comes out in August before new model launch at Dusseldorf. If you are looking at the UK list increase is probably due to exchange rates normal increase is 3%. Have a look at the German price list to see how much they have really gone up.

Financial suicide to buy a Hymer in the UK.

Edit:
2017 price list not on their site yet, may not go up until the 26th when the show opens.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
TonyMull

TonyMull

Free Member
Aug 8, 2016
Southport
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML-T 580
Exp
Buying a Hymer is a great idea, but I agree entirely with Lenny - and buying abroad is not at all difficult. (y)
Oh well!!!. Too late now and at the age of 67 I guess we'll be falling off our perch before we buy again.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Oh well!!!. Too late now and at the age of 67 I guess we'll be falling off our perch before we buy again.
How long you do you intend to keep it?
If you get to 65 average man lives to 83 & woman to 85, so is it worth having a sex change at 80?:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back