Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi everybody
I'm in the process of trying to clean my Motorhome for the first time since I bought it at the end of March.
The dealer who sold the Motorhome to me did not do a wonderful job of cleaning it but the overall impression was good enough and my excitement to get the vehicle somewhat blinded me to the lack of cleaning.
I've started on the rear, now I know you should start at the top and work down but not being in the best of health and that's the first part of the vehicle I come to on leaving my front door so that is why I started there.
Every time I look out at the Motorhome I could swear it is getting bigger and bigger and a much more daunting task to clean it lol.
So browsing the Internet this morning for cleaning tips and solutions, I came across this company who cleans Motorhomes and is not far from me.
I was wondering if any of you good people have used this or another company to clean your Motorhome, if I was in good health then I would not even consider taking it to a company to clean.
I was thinking of getting it cleaned by them once and keeping it clean by myself after. I don't know how much they would charge but I bet it's not cheap.

http://www.cleanercars.co.uk/motorhome-caravan-cleaning-valeting/

Please let me know what you think.
Many Thanks Tony

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
costs a couple of hundred quid to get a pro valet on a motorhome.

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
costs a couple of hundred quid to get a pro valet on a motorhome.
Hi TheBig1
WOW do you really think it will be that much? I was thinking £100 I'll phone them tomorrow and see what they say.
Best Wishes Tony

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
And worth every penny if my experience with @FJmike is to go by. Roy
Hi Khizzie is FJmike something to do with that company? Have you had your vehicle cleaned by them, or do you know people who have had their vehicle cleaned and were impressed?
Many Thanks Tony

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
@Brakers , if you click on @FJmike you'll see his profile and can send him a private message ( click start a conversation) and he could give you a ballpark figure. I believe he can come to you.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hi Khizzie is FJmike something to do with that company? Have you had your vehicle cleaned by them, or do you know people who have had their vehicle cleaned and were impressed?
Many Thanks Tony
@FJmike works for himself and is a professional motorhome valeter..he did my van inside and out ,took him two days and the van looked like new .highly recommended..Roy

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Not too sure about the company mentioned, there are a lot of car valets that have included motorhomes and caravans but lack any experience in the special treatment needed.Due to forum rules I am not permitted to put a link to my website. Prices for exterior valet are £55.00, £120.00,and £200

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
The guys who do our hab check and servicing/ repairs (authorised to do most major makes of moho & caravan) will also do a decent exterior clean, not the same as a proper valet but good enough for us. They'll also just do the roof if the owner can manage the sides. Too far from you unless you want a holiday in Cornwall but might be worth looking around if that's the level of clean you want.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Did mine yesterday,wash, polish, back to blacked Took an hour or so break in the middle.

Sitting outside on the deck about 1700 having a well deserved beer, when SiL turns up with his long reach hedge clippers so I could finish the top of the back hedge. :eek:

I pleaded "knackerisation" so I offered him a beer, he took the very heavy hint and finished it for me :LOL:;)

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
But you can find it in the "Link Directory" ^^^^^;)(y)
Thanks for that I'd already found it with a bit of detective work, googled Motorhome Cleaning in Swindon and up he popped :)
Many Thanks Tony

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Washed and waxed mine yesterday, not the roof, took me about six hours. Then it bloody rained in the night and this morning. But at least the rain rolled off with all the wax on there. (y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Washed and waxed mine yesterday, not the roof, took me about six hours. Then it bloody rained in the night and this morning. But at least the rain rolled off with all the wax on there. (y)
Which wax did you use, please?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back