I KNEW It... I Tell You... I Knew It... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Don't believe what you read in the press JJ

Probably a made up story by some lazy journalist under pressure to come up with a story for today's edition.

Two important lessons I leaned in life;

1. Snoozers are loosers

2. Thinking isn't doing

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Duplicate

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Don't believe what you read in the press JJ

Probably a made up story by some lazy journalist under pressure to come up with a story for today's edition.

Two important lessons I leaned in life;

1. Snoozers are loosers

2. Thinking isn't doing

Not so sure about the snoozers though now I am retired........nowt like an afternoon nap:)

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
JJ don't worry about it, It's taken me since xmas to buy a new rechargeable drill and I only bought one off my neighbour today as he's clearing out his shed, the drill is brand new with two batteries. However, there is no charger :rolleyes: maybe this xmas there will be a charger under the tree:D Lazy works for me:ROFLMAO:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
A comment on one of my school reports, after nearly all the teachers said 'he could do better' from the headmaster reads "Laziness is inexcusable", never forgot that one, still have the report... perceptive lot my teachers (y)

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
This sums it up: written in 1911 by Poet W H Davis

Leisure'

What is this life, if full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
No time to turn, at beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich the smile her eyes began.
A poor life this, if full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

Us brainy people know this. We aren't wasting time, we are enjoying and being enriched by life's beauty.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Everyone needs some laziness in their life. Believe me.
I was a workaholic for 20 years, working 12-14 hour days, frequent 7 day weeks.
Retired at 49, burnt out and stressed. Recovered over next 3 years due to slow lifestyle ( and moving abroad and meeting the love of my life :) )
The 9 past years of stress, stress, stress ( two sudden deaths, moving house, moving country, very ill daughter et al) have now taken their toll with a vengeance and I'm constantly ill. Made it out of bed for all of 2 hours today then keeled over in pain.
Be lazy, take time to do nothing, never regret time spent lying in the sun, looking at the stars or just having fun, avoid stress wherever you can. Because live like I did ( never smoked, drank or did drugs- just worked & stressed daily) and you might be forced to be lazy when you really don't want to be.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Retired at 49, burnt out and stressed. Recovered over next 3 years due to slow lifestyle ( and moving abroad and meeting the love of my life :) )
The 9 past years of stress, stress, stress ( two sudden deaths, moving house, moving country, very ill daughter et al) have now taken their toll with a vengeance and I'm constantly ill. Made it out of bed for all of 2 hours today then keeled over in pain.
Be lazy, take time to do nothing, never regret time spent lying in the sun, looking at the stars or just having fun, avoid stress wherever you can. Because live like I did ( never smoked, drank or did drugs- just worked & stressed daily) and you might be forced to be lazy when you really don't want to be.

Me drank smoked very heavy,,always worked 70 hrs a week with lots of heavy manual labour,,did get severe rheumatoid arthritis in my late 40 s which crippled me. Have now fought back and at 71 feel as fit and healthy as a butchers dog..You have to keep moving ,,,BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Thinking before doing can save a lot of wasted effort.
Think our Governments of the last 50 years would agree with that,,problem is they are still thinking and not doing,,e.g. Third Heathrow runway,,Hinkley Point,,Building Social Housing ,,Fracking,,etc etc,,,

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Snap Pauline. We should compare notes. Xx

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User

From what you've said, looks like I need to take a 'chill pill'

Problem is though, that breaking the habit of being busy all the time is easier said than done.

Maybe @JJ could set up a retreat for those pour souls in need of training in the art of finding true laziness.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I love work, I could sit and watch it all day, don't do much but I think about it a lot!

Reactions: JJ
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Maybe @JJ could set up a retreat for those pour souls in need of training in the art of finding true laziness.

Already have one, Mr Robert.

It is called Quinta Majay.

Offers Ride On mower training and therapeutic raking technique improvement.

Well deepening digging opportunities.

Lettuce and pea plant watering available.

No charges, fees or hidden costs... just bring pies and your own lounger.

JJ :cool:

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Now, if I can just get my wife to start referring to me as "that genius", instead of "that lazy git".:)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Already have one, Mr Robert.

It is called Quinta Majay.

Offers Ride On mower training and therapeutic raking technique improvement.

Well deepening digging opportunities.

Lettuce and pea plant watering available.

No charges, fees or hidden costs... just bring pies and your own lounger.

We'd like to book a day or two's 'Chillax' treatment in October if you have space please Dr JJ :cool:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
No booking allowed... too formal.

You will be very welcome... are you sure it won't be too primitive for you?

Can't be any more primative than the wild camping spots we like.

We bring our own modern luxuries, like gourmet pies in their own metal cocoons.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back