Habitation window etching (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
I used to have a caravan CHIS registered with all the windows etched with its Reg number. Does anybody know if there any etching kits out there where I can etch the registration number on all the hab Windows?
I can find this for glass but not the plastic hab Windows.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Retainaguard http://www.retainagroup.com/ are a company that manufacture kits & mostly sell via retailers - on my To Do List to check with them what is possible so if you find anything out please post :) We are considering etching for all windows & catalytic convertor on both our motorhome & car plus all our bikes!

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
This guy always went around the campers at Peterborough Show .... He uses a small sand blaster with a stencil to etch windows, mirrors & headlights etc. We had our last 2 m/hs done by him for about £15 a time and will have him do our new one when I'm up his way. .........

http://www.misterwhat.co.uk/company/1452664-securi-mark-lincoln

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Retainagroup glass etching on the cab windows, or the component blast etching are what I'd recommend. Don't bother with the plastic windows. In my experience thieves are very adept at either altering the characters by adding extra dots or polishing the whole etching off of plastic windows.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back