Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
I'm sure this has been asked before.
We are planning to travel to a camp site within the LEZ, and I cannot quite find out from the LEZ website whether or not we have to pay a charge, and if so how much?
Apparently our 2008 Fiat meets the expectations, I know I have to register, (Northern Ireland), BUT is there a charge, and if so how much?
The charge for having a vehicle that doesn't meet standards is one hundred quid a day!!!!
Just wondering if someone here could clarify the situation before I phone a box ticking call centre operative and leaves me still confused.
Thanks

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
If you have a 2008 vehicle it will be compliant. no charges unless you enter the congestion zone in weekdays .

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
You do not have to register there is a LEZ Checker site which if you are N Ireland registered should show your compliance. Just Google LEZ CHECKER

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You shouldn't have to register if it's just for the LEZ, you're either compliant or you aren't.

Be aware that the Congestion Charge is not the same thing and has a different zone. You have to pay that whatever if you go into the zone.

If the site is Abbey Wood it's within the LEZ but not the Congestion Charge Zone so you should be OK.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
I am fairly sure that our MH does not comply (though I can't be bothered to complete the online questionnaire) - but how will they know?

This is a serious question btw.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I am fairly sure that our MH does not comply (though I can't be bothered to complete the online questionnaire) - but how will they know?

This is a serious question btw.

Questionnaire? Is your vehicle French registered? The requirement is basically EURO III if you're 3500kg or less and EURO IV if you're more than 3500kg.

You just put your registration number into the website if it's a UK one.

They will know because the huge network of ANPR cameras will tell them. The system works. It was proven by a Funster with a non compliant vehicle a while ago who thought they would try and avoid the £2.50 Dartford Crossing toll. He avoided that but ended up with a penalty charge for the LEZ.

GRUMPY OLD GIT

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 8, 2011
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Started in1974 with a converted London ambulance
Complicated thing this LEZ.
Checked my m/h a few years ago and it came up as ok so l have happily driven in the lez several times,
No problem.
Uprated from 3.5 to 4.0 ton and on 1st trip into lez got zapped and a warning letter in the post.
Will put this down to experience and lack of knowledge and take the train in future to visit friends.
Upraters beware or maybe it's just me.

Regards Bob

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Complicated thing this LEZ.
Checked my m/h a few years ago and it came up as ok so l have happily driven in the lez several times,
No problem.
Uprated from 3.5 to 4.0 ton and on 1st trip into lez got zapped and a warning letter in the post.
Will put this down to experience and lack of knowledge and take the train in future to visit friends.
Upraters beware or maybe it's just me.

Regards Bob

That's because you can be EURO III up to 3.5 but once you go over that you have to be EURO IV

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
I'm going to London in September

No I'm not going into the LEZ or close enough to suffer a congestion charge or use the Dartford crossing in daylight. They'll have to find another way to take my money and I'm sure that there are many.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back