Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Hi folks,
Just bought a Mobilvetta motorhome as sick of airports and all the hanging about.
If we need to hang about anywhere (ferries, etc., it will be on our own terms).
Had a caravan years ago, but MH is new to us.
Going away for a short trip next week to check whether we need any kit we havent got.
We live in N Lincs: anyone recommend any nice sites open Oct in Lincs / Yorks/Notts?
Cheers
John P

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi johnp10.:thumb:
Can't help you with sites in N Lincs:Sad: but :welcome:to MHFun.:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi folks,
Just bought a Mobilvetta motorhome as sick of airports and all the hanging about.
John P

Just what my wife says.

I'm a bit more realistic, you can queue for 4 hours at Stanstead then get to Malaga for £50 in 2 hours or you can buy a MH and take 4 days paying £300 for fuel :Smile:

If you are old hands at camping you'll have the essentials, corkscrew and toilet paper !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Just what my wife says.

I'm a bit more realistic, you can queue for 4 hours at Stanstead then get to Malaga for £50 in 2 hours or you can buy a MH and take 4 days paying £300 for fuel :Smile:

If you are old hands at camping you'll have the essentials, corkscrew and toilet paper !

I thought that was the whole point ::bigsmile:

John

OP
OP
johnp10

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Hi Brian,
Point taken, but surely travelling on your own account in your own time is part of the deal?
Also, I can't tow my trike behind an aircraft. This way I get to take my toys with me.
Management is a sun freak, so single weeks in the sun will probably still happen. Our holidays are usually last minute affairs due to my work pattern, and single week trips to the sun are impractical with a MH.
I've left some time free in early summer to try the job out properly.
I think the MH will win.
Yeas, I have a corkscrew, beer bottle spanner and loo roll, can't think of any other essentials?
Cheers
JohnP

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Hi Brian,
Point taken, but surely travelling on your own account in your own time is part of the deal?
Also, I can't tow my trike behind an aircraft. This way I get to take my toys with me.
Management is a sun freak, so single weeks in the sun will probably still happen. Our holidays are usually last minute affairs due to my work pattern, and single week trips to the sun are impractical with a MH.
I think the MH will win.
Yeas, I have a corkscrew, beer bottle spanner and loo roll, can't think of any other essentials?
Cheers
JohnP

'Management' might like there to be a glass or two so the contents could be shared. ::bigsmile:

John

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Also, I can't tow my trike behind an aircraft.

JohnP

Yes, the journey is part of the holiday but the way you phrased it, that your were too impatient to wait at airports ( I know that feeling ) then you may be worsening your time "wasted". I know the life of "look a gap, let's go" and it does not fit well with a MH unless you love holidaying close to home.

Early summer ? Fancy Italy in May ? But it can't be done properly in under three weeks.

OP
OP
johnp10

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Yes, the journey is part of the holiday but the way you phrased it, that your were too impatient to wait at airports ( I know that feeling ) then you may be worsening your time "wasted". I know the life of "look a gap, let's go" and it does not fit well with a MH unless you love holidaying close to home.

Early summer ? Fancy Italy in May ? But it can't be done properly in under three weeks.

No, not impatient, Brian, just fed up of unexplained delays, being herded like sheep, crap airline food and Mickey Mouse flight timings.
Time of life to be a little more laid back, MH seems the way forward.
Maybe take your advice and look closer to home, although I can get away for longer than 3 weeks if needs be.
Any suggestions for a 3 week trip would be appreciated.
Cheers
JohnP

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
After years of caravanning I now realise the trip is the holiday, welcome to the fun!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
welcome to the fun. Why go to a site, celebrate your freedom and wildcamp:thumb:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Hi folks,
If we need to hang about anywhere (ferries, etc., it will be on our own terms).
Had a caravan years ago, but MH is new to us.
Going away for a short trip next week to check whether we need any kit we havent got.
We live in N Lincs: anyone recommend any nice sites open Oct in Lincs / Yorks/Notts?
Cheers
John P

We have used a caravan club site in Stragglethorpe, Lincs, it has some hard standing and electric hook up, just by a canal and easy to bike into lincoln, we used it for lincoln market, quite reasonable as well. if you want I could find the name and number for you.

thestoneroller

Free Member
Oct 13, 2009
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
newbee
Hi welcome to m/h fun
I live in the midlands have been traveling to your neck of the woods for work, there seems like a lot of nice areas around that part of the coast, skegness mablethorp and so on,will give you chance to check out all your fixtures and fittings before venturing too far.

happy motoring
chris:thumb:

OP
OP
johnp10

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
We have used a caravan club site in Stragglethorpe, Lincs, it has some hard standing and electric hook up, just by a canal and easy to bike into lincoln, we used it for lincoln market, quite reasonable as well. if you want I could find the name and number for you.

That would be handy: not far from home, but far enough to check all the bits & peices out. Know the area pretty well, but not the site.
Cheers
John P

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back