LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We are going to trundle up to Blackpool for the weekend as Mo has never seen 'the lights'

Any good sites ( or sites to avoid ! Would hate to end up on another Duck Sh!* City one ! )
As close as pos to the golden mile would be nice :Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We are going to trundle up to Blackpool for the weekend as Mo has never seen 'the lights'

Any good sites ( or sites to avoid ! Would hate to end up on another Duck Sh!* City one ! )
As close as pos to the golden mile would be nice :Smile:

We weren't impressed this year - went to see Freddie Starr by bike. There is a working man's institute near the Pleasure Beach with a few pitches, not been but it is the closest I found.

Link Removed

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We are going this weekend, we know a good wild camping (not exactly wild as its on street) very near the front and golden mile. There are always a few Mhs there.
PM me if you want the location.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

squiggle

Free Member
Jun 11, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr
Exp
1 Year
Hi If you belong to cc beechwood stables at poulton le fylde £10 per night with electric two minute walk to bus stop and buses run every 10 minutes into center of blackpool

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Mo and me are quite happy to wild camp but my daughter and son in law ( who is an actual romany Itinerant ! ) dislikes it and hates doing it .. now how weird is that ! LOL !!

But if they do not come with us then yes, will pm you Jezpot

Squiggle.. sorry mate.. Been blackballed from the CC but thanks anyway

johnt

Free Member
May 23, 2009
Funster No
as above would recommend hampton road ideal location (never stayed but have visited club for charity event) nice and tidy out of the way as at the end of a cul-de-sac but near to every thing the only other sites i know of are quite a bit further away, pitty all sea side places don't have similar, imagine they are busy this time of year so you would need to phone to check availability as there always seem to be plenty there (only live round the corner).
litterally 5/10mins walk from sea front and pleasure beach end of town with bus at the end of the road to go into town if required and don't want to walk (not a bad stroll though)

if you need any more info just ask away.

John

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Oops !! Sorry Brian..
Cos of my weird colours on the screen I never spotted your recommendation !!
Deepest apologies mate

That does look like an option so thanks to both your good self and Johnt :Smile:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
LOL !! oddly enough i suffered a SMIDNSY just yesterday afternoon :Angry:

A couple of miles up the road and we were stopped by road works..
i got off and walked back..

Excuse me sir

errr yes..
Would you mind stepping out of the car sir
I Fear appears .. I have not made any statement about police or anything )
Thank you sir
Errr.. How can I help you
Are you aware that when you joined the roundabout back there you forced me to take evasive action ?

Umm.. No.. I did not see you..

In that case sir I would advise you visit your option to have your prescription checked.
I will expect to see you at Thetford police station after you have had your eyes checked and produce the certificate from the option

Err.. yes sir..

That will be all. Please drive carefully

Thank you sir

I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall when he produces an opticians prescription at the nick ! :ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall when he produces an opticians prescription at the nick ! :ROFLMAO:

Brilliant.

Hadn't spotted Norfolk before, that's a long way to see a few light bulbs. Now I make that about the same distance as Paris, give or take the odd ferry. I know where I'd go.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi, Have stayed at Hampton Rd site many times. Super site walking distance to prom.
Entertainment on every night.
Weekends are especialy good if you like country and western, the local gunslingers have there shootouts on a Sunday night,"Watch the light".
Problem is, campsite is always booked up.
Cliff Tailer is the man you have to speak to on the phone.
It used to be in camping and caravan club but they are now so busy I don`t think they nead any outside help to fill pitches.
Open all year round. Hope this is some help, Dave.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Brilliant.

Hadn't spotted Norfolk before, that's a long way to see a few light bulbs. Now I make that about the same distance as Paris, give or take the odd ferry. I know where I'd go.

Ahh,, but 'woman' has not seen the illuminations nor even been to Blackpool.. hence the trek !

It gets worse.. In a couple of weeks we have got to go to the Heartbeat village for gawd sake !!

Oh and she is now talking about putting together a 'Catherine Cookson' tour.. so that will be all around that shrine to culture which is Newcastle upon Tyne !!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Ahh,, but 'woman' has not seen the illuminations nor even been to Blackpool.. hence the trek !

It gets worse.. In a couple of weeks we have got to go to the Heartbeat village for gawd sake !!

Oh and she is now talking about putting together a 'Catherine Cookson' tour.. so that will be all around that shrine to culture which is Newcastle upon Tyne !!

Christ, you are in trouble. Your lawyer would easily make that unreasonable conduct. If you don't stop it now, before you know it you'll be sat watching Mama Mia and that shouldn't happen to any biker I can tell you.

Daughter lives in Newcastle, a walk along the river isn't that bad, in fact during the Tall Ships event a year or two ago it was pretty good.

Not as good as Paris with the excellent Bois de Boulogne campsite just waiting for you.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
OMG !! Its obviously too late for me already.. Done the Mama Mia bit already !

I think I am beyond help.

I will be buying a BMW GS nex................................ oh christ !!! I already have ...

That's it I am a spent force.. done with ever having something my own way until I die ( then she will proly demand I 'wait a minute so she can get her hat straight' or somesuch !! )

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
We weren't impressed this year - went to see Freddie Starr by bike. There is a working man's institute near the Pleasure Beach with a few pitches, not been but it is the closest I found.

Link Removed

We've stayed on this site.

Had a very nice time.

Very easy walk into the centre, they had a turn on on the Saturday night.

They also do Sunday lunches (or did last year)

Enjoy your weekend.

June

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Not quite. Any good vet would put you down painlessly.

So you've got Hitler's new bike, I've got his old one.

My main bike is hilters old bikes big brother.. The Blackbird.. The 1200 GS is just the works van sort of thing.. I use it for deliveries and collections :Smile:

Gypsylady, thanks for the plus for the site.. sadly they do not have any vacancies for this coming weekend :cry:

warrenjsmith

Free Member
Sep 30, 2009
Funster No
ccc rally

Hi, There is camping and caravan club rally on at

15 - 20 OCT - SOUTH SHORE CRICKET CLUB FY4 5DY - MR102/333314 - £7.00 PUPNT

which is very near the 'golden mile' well worth a visit i think! :Cool:

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Try here its a great little site outside blackpool, just below the caravan and camping club site. Link Removed

John.

ps we will be free camping up Clevelys sea front.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well, we arrived and tried a few of the sites but all said the same.. No chance at all at this time of year !
So big thanks to Jez for the info and yep, we spent the weekend plotted up at the Solaria square.. Met Jez and a few other folk doing the same thing ..

By the cringe folk north or Watford certainly know how to eat and drink at real bargain prices !
I reckon I put on a stone in two days !!

But on the flip side.. £16.95 to go up the tower ? I appreciate that price includes the circus etc but if you only have an hour and just want to do the tower experience that is a rip ..
For my daughter with her lot and my self and woman, that would have been about a 100 beer tokens ..
If they charged a tenner for just the tower I bet they would get a lot more takers .. While we stood there debating several people walked off ( a lot more than went in ! )
We ended up being of the wlking off clan !

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
LOL !! oddly enough i suffered a SMIDNSY just yesterday afternoon :Angry:

A couple of miles up the road and we were stopped by road works..
i got off and walked back..

Excuse me sir

errr yes..
Would you mind stepping out of the car sir
I Fear appears .. I have not made any statement about police or anything )
Thank you sir
Errr.. How can I help you
Are you aware that when you joined the roundabout back there you forced me to take evasive action ?

Umm.. No.. I did not see you..

In that case sir I would advise you visit your option to have your prescription checked.
I will expect to see you at Thetford police station after you have had your eyes checked and produce the certificate from the option

Err.. yes sir..

That will be all. Please drive carefully

Thank you sir

nice to know the world is still full of gulliable, even if blind, idiots:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back