Motorhome MOT test station near Durham/Consett (1 Viewer)

premiere99

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
Medomsley, County Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
30+
We have just moved to the Durham area and have no idea of a decent MOT test station for our Autotrail 635. Tyne Valley Motorhomes looks the obvious choice but never had dealings with them. Any suggestions please.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ours goes to the local council depot, it might depend a bit on size and weight though.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
22 feet long and 3850kg. Just been looking at the council sites as they don't offer cheap MOTs knowing they can fail something to make a profit.
I would have thought there would be a reasonable choice of places to do that size, we are more like 28ft and 6000kg hence the local council depot.

Martin

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Council test station at Peterlee, North Industrial Estate if I remember correctly. Took buses and coaches there occasionally.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I've always used a family business at Esh Winning near Durham. It's called Rochfords and they cater for repairs and mot. Very professional and no hint of dealer rip offs. I've had dealings with Robsons both as a customer and a contractor. NEVER again trust me .

OP
OP
P

premiere99

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
Medomsley, County Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
30+
Thanks to everyone, think we will travel over to Esh Winning this week as it is pretty central to the sites we are using while we "fulltime" waiting for our next house to complete, hopefully in the next 8 weeks. Sad to see the local dealers up here are just as well thought of as those in Sussex (exception John Cross who actually care). Best to always get a personal recommendation as words on a website often don't match up to reality.

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
We have just moved to the Durham area and have no idea of a decent MOT test station for our Autotrail 635. Tyne Valley Motorhomes looks the obvious choice but never had dealings with them. Any suggestions please.

HI. Bought my motorhome from them in June - they've been excellent with the sale and also a few after sale niggles. Although we are a good 3 hours drive away I am going back there in 2 weeks to have it's first MOT done and a damp check (needed to satisfy the Elddis warranty).

Would recommend them to anyone...

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
We bought our auto trail from tyne valley, haven't had any reason to complain,they have also been very good with after sales . Mew.

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Tyne Valley are also in the process of moving their service centre to the same site as their sales so things can only get better!

OP
OP
P

premiere99

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
Medomsley, County Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
30+
Tyne Valley are also in the process of moving their service centre to the same site as their sales so things can only get better!
I saw the service centre up for sale on Rightmove when I was looking for our new abode and thought they had gone under until I read the blog on their site about buying more land next to the sales site so they seem to be doing well. Need to go and see the accessory shop as running out of Elsan blue liquid, this fulltiming is definitely using it up

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back