Aug 2, 2016
Stansted
Funster No
MH
still looking
Exp
Hi All,

Newbie here.

I am looking for our first MH in earnest and not having a lot of luck. I have set my heart on an Autosleeper Executive on a mid to late 1990's Pug or similar aged Excelsior on a Ford. Want to pay around £10k.

However i have seen a 1992 Executive on a 1992 Talbot with 2.0ltr petrol. Price is attractive but when looking at Execs i have never seen a Talbot in the flesh. From the pics i see online i can see there are obvious differences like: no bathroom window, 2 burner hob, possibly shorter, bed the same size?

Does anyone have anything to say about this model or the engine. As i understand it the lump is a Peugeot/fiat/Citroen but basically the same as they put in the bombproof 504? I know that car well but not sure how it will perform tugging a MH about?

I would just go see it but it is 8 hours away!

thanks in advance

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
My only concern would be the lack of Talbot spare parts, front end parts in particular
suffer carb and starting problems usual cap leads and plugs will fix most running faults
beware corrosion to all the cab area and under front wheel arches
25 to 28 mpg pulled like a train on a 28ft Kontiki 6 berth
if you go diesel 2lr slugish, 2.5 turbo better, can be heavy on steering
G

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
You should find an Excelsior for around that money..Transit is very reliable but look out for rust on front wheel arches,,top of doors and bottom corners of windscreen. I sold one in march for £10300. We had three years of trouble free touring all over Europe in it. Down sized and have a Symbol now on a Pug. BUSBY..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back