Solar panels really do work.....(-; (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
My daughter had ten Solar panels fitted back in January. She reports that it has made a huge difference to her usage. She manages all her big usage during the day and is now paying a fraction of what she was paying before they were fitted.(y)

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
No experience regarding them on the house but they work well on the motorhome. Im sure if you don't go of hookup that much they may not be cost effective. A basic setup may cost from £200 up so thats a lot of hookup nights. At £4 per night ehu thats 50 nights. For most i suspect its all about convenience as it is for us.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
My daughter had ten Solar panels fitted back in January. She reports that it has made a huge difference to her usage. She manages all her big usage during the day and is now paying a fraction of what she was paying before they were fitted.(y)
I've had them since before the subsidy was reduced. My monthly bill went down by 2/3rds immediately and I receive £1200+ per year return. Brilliant!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I've had them since before the subsidy was reduced. My monthly bill went down by 2/3rds immediately and I receive £1200+ per year return. Brilliant!
Pity she didn't get in earlier, that sounds like a real win win. I'm not sure what is being paid now but it is a fraction of what it was.(y)

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
No experience regarding them on the house but they work well on the motorhome. Im sure if you don't go of hookup that much they may not be cost effective. A basic setup may cost from £200 up so thats a lot of hookup nights. At £4 per night ehu thats 50 nights. For most i suspect its all about convenience as it is for us.
My niece lives on a canal barge, my brother fitted her a couple on there it has completely transformed her life afloat.(y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We are now on ABOUT 47p per unit generated ( yes, fitted and installed just before the fall, and registered just 5 days ahead of the cut off ! )

Had them about 4 years and WELL over half of install back already.. Plus of course the cheaper quarterly bills

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back