LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
We have a Blaupunkt its old and no Blutooth etc. rather complex etc..

Thinking of changing it...

Any suggestions?

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
There are vast amount out there that would suffice im sure . Dependant on your budget really. I have just swapped ours from a single din JVC to a double din (Sat nav and ipod /usb/dvd bluetooth etc etc) for a Phillips touch screen jobby! :whistle: To be honest...was not sure about it at the start but funds dictated the purchase as budget was busted with my new van purchase! (y) Having said that...Really looks the part!
The system cost £255 ! So far chuffed to bits with it. Completed warranty on line and got an extra 2 years so again..quite happy. Sound is really good and quite 'Healthy too' for a minor brand in today's market.
Satnav is from GPS via a Microsd card IGO . Works well . The other gubbins's like usb and aux work fine too. Loads of different media styles to choose from if you like to store your music that is?
Im sure though you will find something suitable sir so enjoy the search!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
More info needed

Is it in your MH, car or something else?

Does it just need to be a radio or do you want other functions I.e. Satnav integrated?

Is it double or single din?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Dave try the cheapo from Aldi 50 quid ish had a couple with decent results-more to do with your speakers as you adjust base and treble to suit -I have one at present in a vehicle and v/happy with it,just not sure what vehicle its in :D

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
There are vast amount out there that would suffice im sure . Dependant on your budget really. I have just swapped ours from a single din JVC to a double din (Sat nav and ipod /usb/dvd bluetooth etc etc) for a Phillips touch screen jobby! :whistle: To be honest...was not sure about it at the start but funds dictated the purchase as budget was busted with my new van purchase! (y) Having said that...Really looks the part!
The system cost £255 ! So far chuffed to bits with it. Completed warranty on line and got an extra 2 years so again..quite happy. Sound is really good and quite 'Healthy too' for a minor brand in today's market.
Satnav is from GPS via a Microsd card IGO . Works well . The other gubbins's like usb and aux work fine too. Loads of different media styles to choose from if you like to store your music that is?

I might consider one of these. At present I have a cheapo chinese truck satnav (which is surprisingly good). I wonder if it might be possible to transfer the mapping software to allow the vehicle sizing to be accomodated?

Wyn

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Just bought one of these Dave, and I can only say FANTASTIC! Only takes a few minutes for the valves to warm up when switched on, (engine running first), and the long wave reception is great.(y)

radio1.jpg

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
If you need to supplement it with the latest 8 Track Stereo player I've got a few in the garage. Hell, one of them might even be working.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
If you need to supplement it with the latest 8 Track Stereo player I've got a few in the garage. Hell, one of them might even be working.
I bought one in 1974. It cost me a fortune. £10. :cry: It broke two years ago after only a miserable 40 years service. Disgusting workmanship. :(

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I know it is a silly question but what is single or double din? Also does £255 include fitting it ... also what can go wrong. I may be left with £500 after the robbing b*** sorry social services take all mum and dad's stuff to pay for care home. A radio would be nice way to remember them.

Sorry Shiftzz ..hope this not seen as pinching your thread but as 'enveloping' it. X

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I know it is a silly question but what is single or double din?

It's the space it takes up in the dash in terms of height.

Single din is "traditional" car radio size, about 2" or so high

Double din is double the height of a single. These are usually ones with screens.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I bought one in 1974. It cost me a fortune. £10. :cry: It broke two years ago after only a miserable 40 years service. Disgusting workmanship. :(

Well if you're missing your Best of The Osmonds cartridge you could always upgrade to a cassette player :)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Well if you're missing your Best of The Osmonds cartridge you could always upgrade to a cassette player :)
OK, 40 years..........I suppose I can live with that.....BUT, it melted my Judge Dread 8 track cassette. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
WOW, you have that as well?? Small world! :)

I've got a lot worse than that - I'm trying to shift a boxful of awful music cartridges at auction. The better ones I'm going to try and sell off at a couple of collectors' events. Dark Side of The Moon on 8 track anybody? I'm just about to try and get one of the old players going to see if the cartridges still work.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
I might consider one of these. At present I have a cheapo chinese truck satnav (which is surprisingly good). I wonder if it might be possible to transfer the mapping software to allow the vehicle sizing to be accomodated?

Wyn
Hi both. The software is IGO 8. I did try it with our toyota sat nav but no joy. I believe it will only work with IGO compatible systems. Having said that...there is always someone out there who could/can accommodate im sure(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I know it is a silly question but what is single or double din?

Single din is when Shiftzz plays his music with just one speaker attached ... double din is when he's got stereo!!!! :LOL:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Shiftzz have you decided yet, please? I am all confused with the technology and look forward to seeing what you go for, as a guide to me.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I've got a Pioneer FM radio double din unit and sat nav module at home in the garage if it would help anyone out.

It was only removed because I upgraded it to DAB and truck/camper sat nav.

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007

More info needed

Is it in your MH, car or something else?

Does it just need to be a radio or do you want other functions I.e. Satnav integrated?

Is it double or single din?

Its a single DIN, for the van, its a nightmare system, even with the @The Happy Hooker reading the instructions its a nightmare.. All we want is something simple, with blutooth and USB if poss..

Dumb question, how can you replace a single DIN with a double DIN?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Dumb question, how can you replace a single DIN with a double DIN?

The short answer to that is you can't unless there is a similar sized blank above or below your existing unit.

Sometimes you find the space taken up with a tray or something that can be removed.

Can you take a picture of the offending item and the surrounding space and post it?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back