Apr 21, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
20 years
Hi all

Have sold my Swift Bolero 680FB and going to the Show in Birmingham this week. I was wondering if anyone has got a Hymer Exsis - i 562?

I would appreciate an comments that would help me make a final decision. :thumb:

Jack the Rev

janeousswim

Free Member
Jul 22, 2008
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
hymer exsis 562 i

hello, we have got a Hymer Exsis 562i which is now almost 1 year old. We chose this model after a lot of thought over things we needed - size, garage,economy and quality. We wanted to buy either this one or an equivalent Dethleffs motorhome and got a good deal from Hymer uk at Preston.
If you need any information , i will get my husband to reply to you later.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi all

Have sold my Swift Bolero 680FB and going to the Show in Birmingham this week. I was wondering if anyone has got a Hymer Exsis - i 562?

I would appreciate an comments that would help me make a final decision. :thumb:

Jack the Rev
the congregation are obviously putting too much in the collection tin Jack. hee hee

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I like this mini A class van and have considered a 562 myself. Currently have a EuraMobil hightop and as the kids hardly come away now, wanted something lower plus the wife wants single beds :RollEyes:

here are my thoughts:

I like the twin single beds layout as you still get a bit of a garage and the reasonable overall length. The kitchen is the problem, a bit limited and the fridge is small at 60 litre (its becauces of the wheel arch :Sad:) others manage to get a 100 litre fridge in by putting it on entrance door side....a bit stupid of Hymer seeing as it is a 4 berth.

I prefer GRP shell and roof because it is tougher and I am always arguing with walls and trees. Have previously damaged aluminium skinned van before.

The other concern is the coast of replacement headlamps and windscreen. To be honest the HYMER Van SilverLine 562 is identical and I may go for this or the Adria compact...or ...or

I did see the first excesis van when it came out at Dusseldorf show in 2006? Our opinion then was it was a bit narrow but will look again as committed to downsizing a bit. Another good point is the weight, it has an excellent payload and on a Ford chassis!

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jack the Rev

Free Member
Apr 21, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
20 years
hello, we have got a Hymer Exsis 562i which is now almost 1 year old. We chose this model after a lot of thought over things we needed - size, garage,economy and quality. We wanted to buy either this one or an equivalent Dethleffs motorhome and got a good deal from Hymer uk at Preston.
If you need any information , i will get my husband to reply to you later.

Thanks that would be great or my email is jmoore2006@btinternet.com

OP
OP
J

Jack the Rev

Free Member
Apr 21, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
20 years
I like this mini A class van and have considered a 562 myself. Currently have a EuraMobil hightop and as the kids hardly come away now, wanted something lower plus the wife wants single beds :RollEyes:

here are my thoughts:

I like the twin single beds layout as you still get a bit of a garage and the reasonable overall length. The kitchen is the problem, a bit limited and the fridge is small at 60 litre (its becauces of the wheel arch :Sad:) others manage to get a 100 litre fridge in by putting it on entrance door side....a bit stupid of Hymer seeing as it is a 4 berth.

I prefer GRP shell and roof because it is tougher and I am always arguing with walls and trees. Have previously damaged aluminium skinned van before.

The other concern is the coast of replacement headlamps and windscreen. To be honest the HYMER Van SilverLine 562 is identical and I may go for this or the Adria compact...or ...or

I did see the first excesis van when it came out at Dusseldorf show in 2006? Our opinion then was it was a bit narrow but will look again as committed to downsizing a bit. Another good point is the weight, it has an excellent payload and on a Ford chassis!

Have noted your take on the matter and all good points. We are also looking at an Adria with single beds at the rear I think its the 780. I like the idea of a Ford base vehicle. Thanks for your thoughts.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Have noted your take on the matter and all good points. We are also looking at an Adria with single beds at the rear I think its the 780. I like the idea of a Ford base vehicle. Thanks for your thoughts.

if you go for the Ford chassis make sure you dont get fobbed of with old stock? Latest vans should have the 140 bhp motor and not the earlier 130

let us know what you think after the show.......

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
if you go for the Ford chassis make sure you dont get fobbed of with old stock? Latest vans should have the 140 bhp motor and not the earlier 130

let us know what you think after the show.......

Forgot to mention, they are easy to tell apart because the 130 is a 5 speed and the latest 140 has a 6 speed box.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

oldosc

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
Rame peninsula
Funster No
MH
1990 chausson
Exp
18 years total wild camper
Forgot to mention, they are easy to tell apart because the 130 is a 5 speed and the latest 140 has a 6 speed box.
Hi
newish member,
We have just returned from Dortmund with our new Exsis 482 (replaces our 20 year old chausson)((v cold trip -4/5 in the morning, too mean to buy a German gas tank relied on Bluets..Bl***y froze, serve us right))
Magic van, The ford engine is listed at 103 kw but has 6 gears translates as 138 hp. moves this little(sic) van at 60/70 mph on motorway (which we never usually use) and returns 27.5 mpg..(according to the little man inside the consol on the dashboard.

Not a lot of help..but remember "IT'S NOT MAGIC, JUST A HYMER"
oSC

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back