LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
I've a recently fitted Oyster sat dish and although I have read the manual (honest) I can't work out how to switch off the audio description. Even Google hasn't been very helpful. It's a attached to a Ten Haaft HD receiver, anyone any idea how to switch off the audio description? It's driving me nuts.

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
No idea at all, but try ringing oyster uk, 01858 575 928. I have found them very helpful myself.
or email info@oystersat-tech.co.uk

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: awg

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Surely it's a TV setting - or possibly the receiver box.
Nothing to do with the Sat Dish.
...look on your remote for sub or sttl

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Surely it's a TV setting - or possibly the receiver box.
Nothing to do with the Sat Dish.
...look on your remote for sub or sttl
It has got to be the receiver. The TV is simply accepting video & audio from it & cannot affect what has been already decoded.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
It has got to be the receiver. The TV is simply accepting video & audio from it & cannot affect what has been already decoded.
I bow to superior knowledge - I was presuming that the receiver might send the signal to the TV with the subs embedded. And it would be the TV's software to display them or not.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I bow to superior knowledge - I was presuming that the receiver might send the signal to the TV with the subs embedded. And it would be the TV's software to display them or not.
Nothing wrong with that logic & it could no doubt be done that way. It just isn't :D.
Probably a throw-back to when TVs were stupid & receivers were slightly less stupid.

OP
OP
awg

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
I'm sure it's a receiver setting and I've tried the suggestion by @Speve but no joy. Thanks everyone, I'll give Oyster UK a ring as suggested by @SandraL

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I'm sure it's a receiver setting and I've tried the suggestion by @Speve but no joy. Thanks everyone, I'll give Oyster UK a ring as suggested by @SandraL
Jackson satellites may be worth a call they are ver knowledgeable about Oyster systems

OP
OP
awg

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
I emailed Oyster as suggested by @SandraL and got the following reply. Just posting in case someone else does a search in the future trying to answer the same questions.

"What you will need to do is to turn the system on as normal and wait for it to lock on.

Once you have the picture on the TV press Menu, Go into settings and then go into Languages. You will see that there are multiple language options and these control subtitles, audio description and so on. All you have to do is make sure the top option is English and everything else is set to None. Then you press menu and the system will save showing “please wait” for a couple of seconds at the bottom of the screen before returning to the previous menu. Then you press exit until you have nothing but the picture on the screen and then retract the system using the red button on the remote. When you next turn the system on the audio description should be gone."

Allan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back