LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I'm really interested in buying an electric teppanyaki grill. They range in price from under £20.00 to around £50.00
My two main concerns are:-
Which is the best surface. Iron, aluminium, non stick or ceramic.
What wattage is acceptable. 1400, 1800 or 2000 as although primarily for home, I do fancy taking it in the moho.
I imagine that in the moho, there would be just me and SWMBO and at home possibly 4 in total.
Any particular recommendations or any downsides.
Thanks

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I carried a 1400 watt one for almost 4 years and gave it away as a raffle prize still in the box and never ever having used it, are they any good?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Usually they don't get anywhere near hot enough unless really good make with high wattage, same as electric woks etc. You very much get what you pay for with this kind of thing but a high wattage might trip the leccy........

P.S. Anyone want to buy an electric wok, which is useless as a wok but might make a decent open slow cooker?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
We have two of the non stick ones from Andrew James
One small one about 600mm long and a bigger one 1000mm long we use both in the mh
Small one for just the two of us then take the big one when we meet up with friends for a bbq
They're great you can cook lots of food on them from full English breakfasts to stir frys

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
We have one from Lidl it was £19.99 on the special, I think Aldi have them at the moment. We have an outside socket and use it all the time when on electric. We cook breakfast on it if having bacon etc and have used if for chicken, fish, vegs etc. We love it.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We have one from either Aldi or Lidl and have been very pleased with it. Use it for cooking in the awning to save having smells in the van.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We have one from Lidl it was £19.99 on the special, I think Aldi have them at the moment. We have an outside socket and use it all the time when on electric. We cook breakfast on it if having bacon etc and have used if for chicken, fish, vegs etc. We love it.

Same here. Ours is a Lidl special and I love it!

Be aware that different parts of the surface are at different temperatures and make that work for you. I got some egg rings (silicon so non-stick) and use them for making pancakes and drop scones on the grill - not just for eggs.

It cleans really easily, just a wipe over with kitchen roll (damp and a drop of detergent).

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
We got a 'VonChef' one from Tesco for £20

Wouldn't be without it and as for them not getting hot enough if you set ours any more than 2/5ths power it burns the food in seconds!!

Need a decent EHU though for it to work and we have a Cadac backup for when we don't

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've got a pizzamatic ... 1970s version of the modern day Teppanyaki ... the plate itself is flat one side and ribbed the other and can be removed for cleaning, it also has a lid which vastly speeds up the cooking and keeps food moist when used as a grill, but it can also be used as an oven to cook not just pizzas, but many other things as there are vent slots around the perimeter of the plate so the hot air circulates and crisps stuff up, it has 3 heat settings too and gets very hot if we want it to. We use to use it a lot when we used sites as it is a brilliant piece of kit, however it's now gathering dust in the garage as we rarely have hook-up as we prefer wild camping/aires ... I must dig it out to use at home! The photos below show what its like (taken from the web):

IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back