Wide necked collapsible water carrier? (2 Viewers)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
can anyone recommend one please? I have googled but struggling to find anything suitable

Needs to be collapsible

Need to be able to get a whale pump into it

Cheers
Deb

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
can anyone recommend one please? I have googled but struggling to find anything suitable

Needs to be collapsible

Need to be able to get a whale pump into it

Cheers
Deb
A camping bucket would fit that description............ :whistle2:

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
41wvPipen2L._SX450_.jpg

On Amazon
Netspower Portable Outdoor Camping Collapsible Folding Water Container Bucket PVC Transparent Water Bucket/Automotive bucket/Fishing barrels/Emergency bucket/Washing bucket 20L for Car Washing Camping Fishing Picnic Vacation

I bought 2 of these last year - very good!! around £8 each :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
We needed the same thing and bought this .

I have one of these. It's made of a very flimsy plastic, making it difficult to fill unless a hose is used.The strap distorts the container when you pick it up to carry it. It does the job, but if you could fit in a small wide necked rigid plastic water container, that would be better. It all depends on the amount of space you have available

Cheers

Trevor

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I have one of these. It's made of a very flimsy plastic, making it difficult to fill unless a hose is used.The strap distorts the container when you pick it up to carry it. It does the job, but if you could fit in a small wide necked rigid plastic water container, that would be better. It all depends on the amount of space you have available

Cheers

Trevor
Thanks, I'll pass that on but storage is an issue.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Thanks @Teuchter , how wide is the neck though? Would a whale pump fit through it please?

Just been to the MoHo and measuered it - the neck diameter is 4 cm so touch n go for whale submersible I would think (I can't remember the diameter of the whale pump)

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Just been to the MoHo and measuered it - the neck diameter is 4 cm so touch n go for whale submersible I would think (I can't remember the diameter of the whale pump)
Thanks, really kind of you to check for me.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
That is a bit tight but should fit....

.......if you get up enough speed! ;)

image.jpg

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
The filler hole is about 100mm or 4 inches if like me you prefer real measurements lol , I just suspend it by the strap to fill, never noticed that it distorts to much, and then sit it on the ground to drop my pump in and fill.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I've just bought two of these today, they're wide necked they carry water and they collapse down to begger-all. Jobs a goodun!

Bucket.JPG

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The Outwell one appears to only be 7.5 litres so a bit on the small side for use on it's own, however perhaps a combination of a collapsible bucket (no lid needed) AND a collapsible water container, such as already mentioned, would be the best bet - the water could be collected in the container which can then be poured into the bucket with the pump in it, and whilst the water is being pumped in from the bucket into the tank another load of water could be collected in the container to keep topping up the bucket ... this would make it quicker as you wouldn't have to wait for the pump to empty a container before another lot of water could be collected. The bucket could then be used for other purposes.

Kampa do a 10L version of the bucket:

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
I am new to this game so am obviously missing the point. Why a collapsible? Short of space or worried about yr weight?

The last camping bucket I had was great as a water container until I picked it up - but hopefully the world has moved on since then.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I am new to this game so am obviously missing the point. Why a collapsible? Short of space or worried about yr weight?

The last camping bucket I had was great as a water container until I picked it up - but hopefully the world has moved on since then.
Yes storage is an issue apparently according to one of the previous posts, therefore collapsible stuff is what is needed, hence the collapsible bucket and water containers suggested.

I must admit that we have a couple of the 20L ones like this:

41wvpipen2l-_sx450_-jpg.118118

They are easy to store and also to pour from due to them having 2 handles to hold on to - collapsible ones with only one handle can be like trying to wrestle a giant slug that you've got hold of by the neck!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Yes storage is an issue apparently according to one of the previous posts, therefore collapsible stuff is what is needed, hence the collapsible bucket and water containers suggested.

I must admit that we have a couple of the 20L ones like this:

41wvpipen2l-_sx450_-jpg.118118

They are easy to store and also to pour from due to them having 2 handles to hold on to - collapsible ones with only one handle can be like trying to wrestle a giant slug that you've got hold of by the neck!
Never realised that slug wrestling was a sport - it sounds rather like something @Tootles would be good at. Seriously, that was a great description, plus a very good point about having two bits to hold on to (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Never realised that slug wrestling was a sport - it sounds rather like something @Tootles would be good at. Seriously, that was a great description, plus a very good point about having two bits to hold on to (y)
Definitely better to hold onto 2 bits rather than one ... can't beat getting a really, really good grip! :X3: I'm sure Tootsy can confirm this! :LOL:

PS: I don't often wrestle slugs but I do enjoy going into the garden late at night when I let the dogs out and having a good old stomp around squishing them all ... they don't half make a popping noise if you get it right and the snails just crunch! :D

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Definitely better to hold onto 2 bits rather than one ... can't beat getting a really, really good grip! :X3: I'm sure Tootsy can confirm this! :LOL:

PS: I don't often wrestle slugs but I do enjoy going into the garden late at night when I let the dogs out and having a good old stomp around squishing them all ... they don't half make a popping noise if you get it right and the snails just crunch! :D
Thanks, I shall now sleep well thinking of popping slugs in the night :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back