Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
only single tone one's mind. I seem to remember dual tone and musical ones will not pass mot

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If you want airhorns you must have a compreser on your motor, otherwise you are limited to the rather weak sounding ones with a built in 12 volt compreser. Best one I ever heard that you can wire direct without the compreser is the vintage car sound.

JumboBeef

Free Member
Jul 27, 2009
Funster No
I had a set on a Land Rover I owned for four years, upto a couple of months ago when I sold it.

They were a twin set, with their own little compressor. Legal (they passed four MOTs whilst we had the motor) and VERY loud. Cost about £20 from memory from the local car spares shop.

Easy to fit, just make sure you have the space for them under the bonnet. You don't need to keep the original ones at all, just contect the new ones via a relay to the live feed which goes to your exsisting horn :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

dikyenfo

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class Mc Louis with small trailer
Exp
1 year
Have fitted them to my Ducato and they do the business when you really need them.Make sure that you pre-fit the entire assembly to an ally plate so that 1 bolt will mount them. Also if you get the French triple type[Feu vert] you need 2 relays to fire up simultaneously or it does a firetruck type blast.Put 20 amp fuses in both.

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
I have had an airhorn ready to fit for about a year - my problem is that the new x250s have a permanently live horn and I can imagine my other half's derriere making contact at 2 in the morning:Eeek::Eeek:

R

richardhomas

Deleted User
I have twin air horns, compressor driven, and I have a current MOT

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
This is what we need [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gSsMYjQVnY]YouTube - Ferry Horn[/ame] ::bigsmile:

Boo

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Martin and Lynn... I will supply you some musical airhorns completely free if you want... they play "Blue Moon"

JJ ;-)

dikyenfo

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class Mc Louis with small trailer
Exp
1 year
I have had an airhorn ready to fit for about a year - my problem is that the new x250s have a permanently live horn and I can imagine my other half's derriere making contact at 2 in the morning:Eeek::Eeek:

No problem just use the downstream feed to trigger the air horn relay . Get blasting.

R

richardhomas

Deleted User
Can you explain permanently live horn?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back