LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Does any of our Funster members have contacts in Spain having a problem with our Avtex / Snipe Pro dish. We are near Malaga at the moment but traveling towards Benidorm both coast and inland. Had contact with one but cannot fit us in due to high work load. Being not technical it works or doesn't. Thanks

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
There is a place at Benidorm/L'Albir, it's on the N332 just as you come off for L'Albir.

Martin

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Does any of our Funster members have contacts in Spain having a problem with our Avtex / Snipe Pro dish. We are near Malaga at the moment but traveling towards Benidorm both coast and inland. Had contact with one but cannot fit us in due to high work load. Being not technical it works or doesn't. Thanks
when you say having a problem, what do you mean? if you cant lock onto Astra 28.2 that is normal

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
no it isnt !! there are still quite a few strong transponders on astra 2 that the snipe can find. lots of shopping channels and rubbish but still there all the same . locks on the algarve too which is even further out on the fringe of astra 2 .

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
no it isnt !! there are still quite a few strong transponders on astra 2 that the snipe can find. lots of shopping channels and rubbish but still there all the same . locks on the algarve too which is even further out on the fringe of astra 2 .
Do you have a channel list?

OP
OP
StanandShirley

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Just got back home, but finally got it working. Was put in contact with a local firm in Benicola who found the fault which was in the mechanism, three screws had come out in the plate that moves the dish.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
Do you have a channel list?
no eddie , i dont have a channel list , you will have to take my word for it . my point is that it WILL work in the malaga area and the algarve for a few channels. how do i know this? because i have set them up while there. there are loads of frequencys on the pan european beam that you could receive on a dinner plate sized dish on the costa del sol.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
no eddie , i dont have a channel list , you will have to take my word for it . my point is that it WILL work in the malaga area and the algarve for a few channels. how do i know this? because i have set them up while there. there are loads of frequencys on the pan european beam that you could receive on a dinner plate sized dish on the costa del sol.
I am not having a pop. People ask and if we can help we do.

In the main people want the BBC's ITV's Channel Four Channel 5 and all of the derivatives

One of the problems that we have with automatic systems is that it has to be at the press of a button and if we claim that you can watch BBC somewhere you can't people want to sue. Installing equipment professionally it is much better to err on the side of caution to the extreme

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
no problem eddie , had you mentioned those channels then i would have agreed with you lol.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back