Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
We wanted to trade in our duetto [may2009] for a new duetto next year as we feel we have a friday afternoon model everything falling apart and breaking down.

But been told duetto's are no longer made and were offered a A/S dorset in exchange.

On looking at the dorset the habitation is better quality by far but the base vehicle is a peugeot it was a smoother drive and no reverse judder but the vehicle just seemed unstable could not feel the road like on the transit and the pedals were so light had very little feel to them, the dash had a stupid shelf at head hieght which I kept knocking my head on [6'4'']

now in a delemma do i keep this unlucky duetto which has a better base vehicle or change to a dorset with a lack of power and poor base vehicle but a better quality habitation.

would you go for the base vehicle or the habitation if you had to decide

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
Personally I'd stick with the Duetto - but I've loved the two Autosleeper Friskys that I've had, the Transit is so easy to drive. I absolutely hated the Talbot based motorhome I had.
But mine have all been very old ones, maybe the modern Sevel van is better? :ROFLMAO:

Big Ed

Free Member
May 4, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I can sympathize with you about the Friday afternoon van. Presumably the existing vehicle is still under warrantee and should be fixed FOC. The new van may be just as bad. From what I've heard on here the new Sevel is nothing to write home about.
Personnal:Smile:ly is would stick with the Ford.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
You are going to blow a lot of cash buying another van, it is still under warranty so make them fix it.

Peter

Must say I agree with Peter, if it's still under warranty then get them to put it right. If you change for another what guaranty have you that the new one wont be the same, I must say I would sooner stay with the Ford.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Duetto v Dorset

Two questions How far do you want to drive and how long will you stay on site?
If you intend to do short journeys and long stays then think about the habitation side of the veh as you will be spending more time in the rear, If you are going to do long drives then it would appear that you are unhappy with the Pougeot. YOU need to weigh it up We owned apanel van and swopped for a A/S Sigma and are very happy with both the drive and habitation (I am 5'8 so the shelf is no problem for me). One thing I have mentioned before is tyre pressure NO ONE seems to know the correct pressures and this may be why you felt the drive a bit strange whilst test driving. A/S should rectify any problems and I have just returned from their factory at Willersey where they were very helpful in rectifying a few small problems that I had:thumb:

OP
OP
duetto owner

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
thanks for all the replies, keeping the ford is looking favourite, the habition faults have been put right but its the keep going back for repairs each time.

ford dragging their heels still not had their faults fixed yet.

its not knowing what is going to stop working next or fall apart.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi, I may be a bit stupid here but if it is falling apart why the hell would you want another from the same maker ?
terry

OP
OP
duetto owner

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
the base vechile is good and the general set up is too, if the habitation bits had not have been faulty it would have been perfect, we feel we have just been unlucky with it like you do sometimes with cars.

motorhomes need a good PDI before delivery like cars have.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back