Cleaning above windscreen (1 Viewer)

Dec 22, 2013
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt low profile
Exp
since 2011
Is there a cleaning tool brush or similar to clean above the windscreen and below the top overhang of a Ducato/Boxer. I find it difficult to scrub the flies off in the middle. I've tried various methods but never get it satisfactory.

DigglyDog

Free Member
Jan 25, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 620 SE
Exp
I use a redundant bottle brush left over from my wine making days...you do need to be quite tall though.

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
A car wash brush on an extendable pole, every one I have bought leaks like a sieve, but I just get on with it, on preferably a warm day, then get some dry clothes on!

Did just that last Sat, inc roof.
Legs ached a LOT on Sun tho.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Another one for "Leaky carwash brushes".
Tea Bag

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
If you have access to a small child in the five to ten year old age range grab him/her by the ankles and hang them upside down with a sponge, poor water down from the roof and get them to clean the front, easy peasy. (y):D:D:D

Then when I got out of prison for child cruelty I bought a long leaky brush.:LOL::LOL:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
If you have access to a small child in the five to ten year old age range grab him/her by the ankles and hang them upside down with a sponge, poor water down from the roof and get them to clean the front, easy peasy. (y):D:D:D

Then when I got out of prison for child cruelty I bought a long leaky brush.:LOL::LOL:
I think that @cruiser had a good solution to cleaning this difficult area; it did involve the use of several lengths of string and a reluctant Pomeranian. We never got to try the idea though..... it was vetoed on the grounds of cruelty.

..............to Cruiser, by Rose!! :p

No Pomeranians called Thomas were hurt in the making of this post.........

OP
OP
boroboy
Dec 22, 2013
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt low profile
Exp
since 2011
Think I might try the Pomeranian method, what marvelous advice you get from the funsters, , I never would have thought of that

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Think I might try the Pomeranian method, what marvelous advice you get from the funsters, , I never would have thought of that

I always say ask any question you like on here and 99% of the answers will be piss takes and shite but the other 1% will be pure gold not found on any other forum. (y)

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Leaky extendable brush for me also although I tend not to connect it to a hose anymore, just dunk it in a bucket of water. I spray on the pink dirt devil stuff from ASDA first. Not always perfectly clean but does a good enough job without scrubbing off the paintwork.

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Stand on the front wheels and lean across with wet sponge and a 'very' worn out abrasive kitchen pad. Failing that, . . . . . . . . .just leave it, it shows you actually use the van.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
A car wash brush on an extendable pole, every one I have bought leaks like a sieve, but I just get on with it, on preferably a warm day, then get some dry clothes on!

Did just that last Sat, inc roof.
Legs ached a LOT on Sun tho.
I tried it last time on a rainy day (not too heavy!). Sounds strange I know but I reckon I didn't end up any more wet but noticed that it seemed to clean it better while being subjected to a sustained soaking.

Wyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back