Jul 24, 2016
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
NIESSMAN ARTO69G
Exp
5 YEARS
Hi fellow motorhomers.
I own 2004 Arto69G, I have had the suspension checked garage says it is sound,but when I hit a pothole in the road it bottoms out,quite alarmingly,has anyone one experienced this.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
We have upgraded quite a few Fiat Ducato front suspension setups to resolve exactly this issue. A lot of A class motorhomes are very heavy at the front end and sit low as a result. We fit heavy duty front coil springs which will typically lift the front end by up to 50mm (exact lift will depend on the weight on the front axle). As yours os a 12 year old motorhome I would recommend replacement of the struts and top mounts as well.

D.

OP
OP
O
Jul 24, 2016
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
NIESSMAN ARTO69G
Exp
5 YEARS
thanks just what I wanted to know thank you,any Idea of rough cost of modification

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
We have the same year and model and so far no problems with front suspension . We do have air suspension on the back maybe it sits higher all round

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
thank you Wanderer maybe air suspension is the answer. owlsnest
Air bags at the back, if that is what is meant won't do anything for the front suspension.

And a big Welcome! to Fun.
:welcomesign:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
thanks just what I wanted to know thank you,any Idea of rough cost of modification

Not off the top of my head but if you'd like to phone us tomorrow on 01952 587702 with your vehicle details we can give you a firm quote, it will help if you can tell us exactly which Fiat chassis it is based on (Maxi for example).

D.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Not wishing to hijack the thread particularly, but, whilst on about suspension, does any one have an idea what is involved in replacing, Suspension Arm Rubber Mounting (Fiat X250), especially if special tools are necessary, I had an advisory at last MOT, and will need to "have a go" in the near future I guess?.

Pete

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Not wishing to hijack the thread particularly, but, whilst on about suspension, does any one have an idea what is involved in replacing, Suspension Arm Rubber Mounting (Fiat X250), especially if special tools are necessary, I had an advisory at last MOT, and will need to "have a go" in the near future I guess?.

Pete
Exactly which suspension arm rubber mounting?

D.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
There are two rubber bushes on the lower front arms, the front one I believe is replaceable easily enough although you may well need to remove the lower arm completely to do it. The rear bush is pressed into or a fixed part of the lower arm, not certain which as I haven't had call to replace one, if it is replaceable you'll probably need a press to do it but the arm will definitely need full removal to do it.

D.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Air bags at the back, if that is what is meant won't do anything for the front suspension.

And a big Welcome! to Fun.
:welcomesign:
I never said it would but the van sits higher which might help the OP,s problem .

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
We have the same year and model and so far no problems with front suspension . We do have air suspension on the back maybe it sits higher all round

Mine is the same as yours and same year. It also has rear air suspension.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back