fitting additional water tank (1 Viewer)

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
Were pretty new to motorhoming but have already realised we prefer to wildcamp than go on sites, however the good lady likes to use a lot of water and we run out after two days. can I just connect another water tank to the existing tank ? I have the room in a wardrobe and the fitting isnt a problem, I would like to know if its that simple or have I missed something ? I realise it will be extra weight etc but I'm happy enough with that.

Regards, John

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi,I had a similar problem as yourself, my solution was to take out the fresh water tank and fit a large poly tank under the bed. I take care not to run with it full though becouse of overweight and it does alter the handling somwhat.:Eeek:

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Bit of a minefield that needs carefull consideration, how will you feed the water from the second tank into the first, especially if it is higher than the original.

How do you fill the second one? and so on..............................

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
John H

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
Bit of a minefield that needs carefull consideration, how will you feed the water from the second tank into the first, especially if it is higher than the original.

How do you fill the second one? and so on..............................

Peter

I dont think Ill have a problem with the tanks, as they have inspection hatches I can fit skin fittings and connect both tanks together, as for the position I have room to place the second tank in the wardrobe next to the original.If they are connected then the second tank should fill from the first as long as its also connected to the original tank at the top so it will vent. I was wondering if there was any reason not to do it ?

regards, John

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Yes it will work, you obviously understand the mechanics of it, and the only reasons not to do it would be other peoples prefrences, its what you want so go for it:thumb:
The gauge should still function and be as acurate as it ever was, you will be drawing from both tanks at once, so when it says half, both tanks will be half:winky:
Geo

Upvote 0
OP
OP
John H

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
Yes it will work, you obviously understand the mechanics of it, and the only reasons not to do it would be other peoples prefrences, its what you want so go for it:thumb:
The gauge should still function and be as acurate as it ever was, you will be drawing from both tanks at once, so when it says half, both tanks will be half:winky:
Geo

That was my thinking Geo, I'd better get it done then to keep the good lady happy:RollEyes:

Regards, John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Looking at your avatar you seem to have an affinity with water,
Did you know a shark will only bite you when your wet:Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
John H

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
Looking at your avatar you seem to have an affinity with water,
Did you know a shark will only bite you when your wet:Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes, I was diving with Great Whites in S Africa a few months ago, very impressive creatures, being in the water with them makes you feel very insignificant :Eeek:

Regards, John

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Yes, I was diving with Great Whites in S Africa a few months ago, very impressive creatures, being in the water with them makes you feel very insignificant :Eeek:

Regards, John
Thankfully they thought so too:Eeek::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back