HarryM

Free Member
Sep 23, 2009
Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I have a Millar Indiana based on a Fiat Ducato 2.8. The horn has stopped working - fuses - power etc is fine however I cannot locate the actual horn. Does anyone have any idea of the location? I have tried the usual haunts - behind bumper, radiator, wheel archess, under battery tray. Harry

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have a Millar Indiana based on a Fiat Ducato 2.8. The horn has stopped working - fuses - power etc is fine however I cannot locate the actual horn. Does anyone have any idea of the location? I have tried the usual haunts - behind bumper, radiator, wheel archess, under battery tray. Harry

The Ducato horn is so feeble even when it works that your best bet is to get a replacement horn, though I supose you still need to find it. :ROFLMAO:
I haven't had a Ducato for a while but it used to be near the radiator, its quite small hence it's inaudible bleat.

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi Harry
It's below the nearside headlight, easiest seen and worked-on from underneath.

regards....nige

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Harry
It's below the nearside headlight, easiest seen and worked-on from underneath.

regards....nige

yep !!!!

below the N/S headlamp and under the airfilter box.

get to it from above after removing the complete air filter housing.....just !!! :Eeek:

replaced mine with a couple of dual tone fiamma units.

by the way......welcome to the fun.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HarryM

Free Member
Sep 23, 2009
Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Highwayman / Pappajohn

Thank you guys, now found! After removing the air filter housing etc and finding nothing. Removed the NS headlight fitting and there it is !!!!::bigsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

Canna help as my Miller ( Alabama ) is on a Pug chassis
I would suggest you ask the same question in the general section as it will be mounted in the same place on all 2.8 Fiats..
As a by the by, the hooter on my old 1989 Hobby packed up and like you I searched high and low for it..
Came across anothe MH that was identical to my own and asked the chap to pop the bonnet
Say where his one was and looked at mine..
A nice bit of wire dangled beside a wee broken bracket !!

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
yep !!!!

below the N/S headlamp and under the airfilter box.

get to it from above after removing the complete air filter housing.....just !!! :Eeek:

replaced mine with a couple of dual tone fiamma units.

by the way......welcome to the fun.

John
Being a bit thick here. I've had a look on the Fiamm website and everything that produces a sound that might be heard more than 2 feet away seems to need a compressor. Is that right, or am I reading it wrong?
What model is yours and where did you get it?

John

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I can supply a pair of Fiam snail type horns for £12.00 plus post.. and believe me they are LOUD !
I sell them to the big touring bike boys.. Retail is something like £22.00 but your welcome to them at trade price, no worries

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2011 after tugging.

Harry hi, what do you think of your vehicle, i fancy one any issues ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back