Halesowen Caravan Centre (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
I have ordered a fridge vent fan from this firm, money paid through an outfit called 'Nochex', I have had no order confirmation or other notification from Halesowen CC since ordering on Tuesday.

I have had a confirmation from 'Nochex' and the money has gone.

I have tried telephoning them today and getting no answer, anybody had dealings with them or know anything about them?q

OP
OP

Deleted User
Give this a little bump

Still no answer on phone or reply to email beginning to fear the worst.

Anybody know anything?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Have you tried calling the main sales number?

Edit; Ignore that, I just tried their main number and nobody answered.

I looked on Companies House and they are still an 'Active' company.
Maybe best to wait a week for the goods to arrive, then apply to your card company for a refund if they fail to deliver

Best of luck!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

Deleted User
I just looked on Company House and it said 'Dissolved' :eek:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06784052

Thanks for that and yet their website is still up and running and payment being taken and going somewhere!

I have already contacted the payment agent 'Nochex' who had no more details than me, I will try again.

Maybe a 'Phoenix' company has been set up and failed yet again, your link says dissolved in February, thought free postage was too good.:(

OP
OP

Deleted User
I will check on the exact name that payment went to and then do a check myself, thank you both for your help.

@Robert Clark.....crossed in the post:)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
They appear to have/had 3 similar names companies, which is not unusual.
Two still appear to be trading

image.png

OP
OP

Deleted User
They appear to have/had 3 similar names companies, which is not unusual.
Two still appear to be trading

View attachment 116664

Thanks again for putting in the effort(y)

I have checked and the payment went to the Caravan Service and Sales which is still trading so will just have to wait and see but with no one answering the phones it is a little worrying.

I have a great mistrust of people that run the same or very similar businesses under slightly different names, especially when one was dissolved recently and one recently incorporated........jiggery pokery!!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thanks again for putting in the effort(y)

I have checked and the payment went to the Caravan Service and Sales which is still trading so will just have to wait and see but with no one answering the phones it is a little worrying.

I have a great mistrust of people that run the same or very similar businesses under slightly different names, especially when one was dissolved recently and one recently incorporated........jiggery pokery!!
Dissolved by themselves not bankrupted or wound up or forced into administration so probably OK, as for not answering phone they are a breakers so no surprise there. Like you say give it a few days and see what happens. Shouldn't be any problem getting your money back Nochex is a PayPal competitor works in a similar way I used to use them for taking web payments.

OP
OP

Deleted User
I'm over that way next Wednesday if you want me to go and check on them?

Thanks very much, if it is not out of your way it would be interesting to know if they are still trading, I suppose it is a possibility that they are just on holiday.

Don't go out of your way and if I resolve the situation before then I will let you know.

Thanks again(y)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Thanks very much, if it is not out of your way it would be interesting to know if they are still trading, I suppose it is a possibility that they are just on holiday.

Don't go out of your way and if I resolve the situation before then I will let you know.

Thanks again(y)

Okey doke - I have to go past the end of their road anyway :)

premiere99

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
Medomsley, County Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
30+
I have ordered a fridge vent fan from this firm, money paid through an outfit called 'Nochex', I have had no order confirmation or other notification from Halesowen CC since ordering on Tuesday.

I have had a confirmation from 'Nochex' and the money has gone.

I have tried telephoning them today and getting no answer, anybody had dealings with them or know anything about them?q
If you ordered the VENTO ELECTRONIC TWIN FRIDGE VENT FAN 12V then it seems everyone is out of stock, I tried to order on from Grasshopper Leisure as they had some in stock on eBay but a day later they emailed "Hi. Thank you for your order. Unfortunately we cannot locate this item in our warehouse with our stock system showing two available. We do have more on order from Brunner Italy but they may be a couple of weeks coming in." so possibly the same from Halesowen CC but they did not bother to email and let you know or even they may have closed for a summer break. Not the way to run a business if they are on holiday. I blame the hot weather!!

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I wondered where it was Janine - I like the address LOL

It's in that part of Halesowen that frankly - I still call Quinton!

Oct 28, 2011
west midlands
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
new
Yes, we've been there too. It's a bit chaotic, a real breakers yard. We got some m/home steadies there earlier in the year, but the owner had "gone to lunch" and there were a fair few would-be customers waiting for his return. I can't think it's closed down altogether, though, but hopefully Janine can confirm that by Wednesday. It's one of those places where you have to really go and sort through everything, only possible if you are local. Best of luck.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
'Ardly 'Alesowen all the same LOL - though at least the bottom of Gorsty 'ill is nearer 'Alesowen than the top!

(From me mom's, down the lane (Bromford Lane) through O'b'ry, over the island and up the 'ill known as Thrown Row-ud (Throne Road) through Black'eath, down Gorsty 'ill, through 'Alesowen and out onto the A456, down the 'ill past the Gypsies Tent an the Clent 'ills, up to the island (bypassing the Lyttelton Arms where I ad me first weddin reception) and then carry on past Roseacre and thence Blakedown to Kidderminster, back to our 'ouse)

LOL

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
As Wyn said it's at the back of Makro just off the Dudley Road which, when I went to school, bought a house and worked all within a few hundred yards of, was always Halesowen!

OP
OP

Deleted User
Thanks to all who have helped, I managed to contact them this morning and they too are out of stock and I have now received a refund.

Ordered a computer fan instead, just have to figure out how to wire it in when it arrives:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back