Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
This is prompted by the other thread 'Caravan or Motorhome'

I have said elsewhere that for many years I have counted the number of motorhomes I see on a trip down a major road compared to caravans.

Something else has always been apparent as well.

When you see a motorhome you see 'A' motorhome.

When you see a caravan you almost always see 2 very close together. Usually within one or two cars of each other.

Often wonered if this was just the 'river lock' affect or if caravanners tended to travel in 2s ?

dikyenfo

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class Mc Louis with small trailer
Exp
1 year
Travelling in France for 3 months this year in the Med;the Landes and the Vendee the only people around were MH'S so it rather proves the case for MH.You could say that without the MH's around France would have been shut.The rows of shut-up shops in the Landes and the Vendee was shocking and to make things look worse the 'taggers' had put their marks everywhere a shop was empty.Even large places such as Noirmutier, St Giles croix de vie and Jean de monts were affected. It bodes ill for the future of these places as the French bought heavily into the static van and only visit for a week or two and this is not going to keep the lights on in the shops.:Sad:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have said elsewhere that for many years I have counted the number of motorhomes I see on a trip down a major road compared to caravans.

I wish I had an exciting hobby like that.

Tell me, how do you get into it. Did you go to Uni or can it be picked up at night school ? We're only old pensioners so we probably couldn't afford it anyway. Mind you, in our youth we did go down a major road, eh it were grand, we thought we were proper toffs but we were looking over our shoulders all the time expecting some toff to come after us with "I say, you there, do you realise this is a major road, it's not for your sort you know." Then we turned off down the back lanes, with the pot holes and the cow sh$t, we'd had our guilty pleasure. When we got home the folk would not believe we'd done it. "Brazen" is what Aunt Gert said, "you should know your place".

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
I wish I had an exciting hobby like that.

Tell me, how do you get into it. Did you go to Uni or can it be picked up at night school ? We're only old pensioners so we probably couldn't afford it anyway. Mind you, in our youth we did go down a major road, eh it were grand, we thought we were proper toffs but we were looking over our shoulders all the time expecting some toff to come after us with "I say, you there, do you realise this is a major road, it's not for your sort you know." Then we turned off down the back lanes, with the pot holes and the cow sh$t, we'd had our guilty pleasure. When we got home the folk would not believe we'd done it. "Brazen" is what Aunt Gert said, "you should know your place".

I could take a fence at that but luckily my garden is surrounded by brick walls so I dont need one. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, tell the truth Brian. You never had an aunt Gert did you ???

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
thats the herding instinct.:RollEyes:

the majority of tuggers dont tour.......they herd.

two weeks in the same place and as close to other tuggers as they can get.:whatthe:

look on any CL/CS.....it may be just about empty but the tuggers all huddle together in one corner or down one side.

so the same must apply when travelling.

suppose they think theres safety in numbers:winky::ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You never had an aunt Gert did you ???

Well Great Aunt Gert, my mum's aunt.

She lived in Pitt Street, Rotherham, so I know what Yorkshire pudding is all about. Proper Yorkshire pudding that it. Served with the roast and served with sugar on it for desert. Puts those thin froggie things to shame.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Bloody cheek I am Brian's aunt Gert and I'll have you know our local University is running a 3 year degree course in Caravan & Motorhome watching :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I could take a fence at that but luckily my garden is surrounded by brick walls so I dont need one. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, tell the truth Brian. You never had an aunt Gert did you ???

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Brian, don't believe you about the Yorkshire puddings. In Yorkshire we eat the puds seperately with onion gravy and if we're very lucky with onions in vinegar made the night before.:Smile:

OP
OP
6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
You can extract the Michael from Brian as much as you like but I have a tremendous admiration for him. I find him awe inspiring.

Who else can take a thread from caravan herding to Yorkshire puddings in one sentence ???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back