SQUARE PEG IN A ROUND HOLE ... nah! (1 Viewer)

Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Ok time for a confession and I'm sure you're all ready for a good laugh. ::bigsmile:
I am one of those pictures you post of how not to do things. And how to pee off your insurance company after 4 days cover.
Ok, width was ok, length was ok, forgot about height when going under a bridge.... Two out three ain't bad. :)
Never did like the lump on top of the Starblazer. :LOL::LOL:
So at the moment this is this is the worst disaster, but many smaller ones followed.
So if you can forget everything else.... We're living the dream.
When you've picked yourself up off the floor, feel free to contact me if your MH needs re-designing. :dance2:

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Oh baby,, I bet you weren't driving ?? Lol. Tell terry to have another fag, another beer, and all will be ok in the morning!! Lolol. I can't believe that!! Lol. Xxxxxx. I hope Maria wasn't hurt? Lol xx

OP
OP
Madeinengland
Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Ahaha! Afraid it was me driving. Just my luck. Any good at motorhome roofs? :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ColinandDawn

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
England
Funster No
MH
Home Brew
Exp
Yes
@Madeinengland

I am so sorry to hear of your mis-hap.

It is something I am all too aware of with my new Winnebago, such that I have a large printed sheet with all the dimensions in French and English.

In an effort to cheer you up.....

Many years ago when collecting my son from school I walked into the climbing frame in the playground - knocked myself out cold!

My excuse was it was raining heavily and my glasses were not so transparent.

Hope your holiday improves.

Regards,

Colin

OP
OP
Madeinengland
Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Oh I've always been a leader Ian lol.
The skylight is smashed to pieces, the rest quite badly damaged - I can see a bit of light from inside. So we're driving round with a bit of fake grass ( I know, I know) and a hi viz jacket ratchet strapped to the top of roof light. You can see us coming for miles :):)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Ok time for a confession and I'm sure you're all ready for a good laugh. ::bigsmile:
I am one of those pictures you post of how not to do things. And how to pee off your insurance company after 4 days cover.
Ok, width was ok, length was ok, forgot about height when going under a bridge.... Two out three ain't bad. :)
Never did like the lump on top of the Starblazer. :LOL::LOL:
So at the moment this is this is the worst disaster, but many smaller ones followed.
So if you can forget everything else.... We're living the dream.
When you've picked yourself up off the floor, feel free to contact me if your MH needs re-designing. :dance2:
Oh no sorry to hear about your mishap after all those recent threads about low bridges( at Rouen in France) hope it's not terminal( can you post a photo or are you still sorting things out?)
Take care!

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Well fair play for posting it!! I don't know if I would have been able to take the stick I would have surely got!! Full marks for bravery babe!! Lol xxx.

OP
OP
Madeinengland
Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Ouch......:whistle:......how bad is it?????

Hope your insurance sorts things quickly:)

It's pretty bad unfortunately, we've decided to continue on but a good rain will let us know if it's doable lol.
I haven't informed the insurance company yet. Do I do it while here or when we get home?

OP
OP
Madeinengland
Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Well fair play for posting it!! I don't know if I would have been able to take the stick I would have surely got!! Full marks for bravery babe!! Lol xxx.

I know Ian. I know my failings, this is just one of many.
Would you believe me if I said I was a good driver. What d'ya mean no?
First accident in 40 years. :D

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
It's pretty bad unfortunately, we've decided to continue on but a good rain will let us know if it's doable lol.
I haven't informed the insurance company yet. Do I do it while here or when we get home?
Think I would phone them straight away and they may want photos , may need to check it hasn't affected the integrity of the van ( ie body not held together and travel may cause more damage.) take care I would be sobbing for :cry:hours

OP
OP
Madeinengland
Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Oh come on, how can we have a real belly laugh without pictures. Even better if you have a movie.

If I wasn't so freaked at the time I'd have taken some pictures when it was stuck under the bridge, but I'll try and climb up and get some 'after' pictures in the morning.
Funny thing is Terry let some air out of the suspension thing, still wouldn't budge, but when a funster had put a picture of someone else doing the same on here someone quoted they should've let the air out of the tyres. So remembering this and trying it - bingo.
See I have picked up some tips - just not one about low bridges... :roflmto:

OP
OP
Madeinengland
Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Think I would phone them straight away and they may want photos , may need to check it hasn't affected the integrity of the van ( ie body not held together and travel may cause more damage.) take care I would be sobbing for :cry:hours

Thanks Anthea, your right it might be an idea to get on to them in the morning.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks Anthea, your right it might be an idea to get on to them in the morning.
Didn't know about letting air out of the tyres......

At least it sounds like you've kept your sense of humour....I know it would've been more :mad::swear2::swear2::madder:....:crying1::crying1: if it had been us.....

I think your insurance will want to know asap...

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If I wasn't so freaked at the time I'd have taken some pictures when it was stuck under the bridge

Proper stuck eh ! Well done on getting it out, better than the one posted last week.

I think there are two types MH drivers, those who have got jammed under a bridge and those with more luck. And more so than bridges, signs/lights/trees are more common. I walked back to MH after buying petrol to see the pump number sticking well out ready to hit the bedroom, I had not spotted it from inside.

And then there is the overhang, oh yes, don't forget the overhang.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I just did a couple of tunnels in Rouen on my way back this time babe! I didn't even want to go thru the place but satnav took me there, I only did 2 long tunnels. I must have got lucky!! It will all be fine babe. That's what insurance is for! Have a drink tonight and keep smiling! Xxxxx. Just out of interest? Was there much traffic behind you? Lolxxx

OP
OP
Madeinengland
Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Yes got to laugh really. :)
Have learned the hard way, but there you go, I'm so angry with myself, but unfortunately can't turn back the clock.
Cest la vie.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It was in Roen. We not long come through a long tunnel.
Someone may know if I've got the right place??
Oh dear, plenty on here been there, done that ,I got as far as the dangly chains and luckily had room to reverse.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident. Your insurance company will require you to inform them within a 'reasonable time' - what constitutes this phrase depends on the policy wording and as you probably don't have the document with you it might be advisable to tell them sooner rather than later.

One point to bear in mind, they will expect you to take steps to prevent further damage so you need to protect it as best you can. Don't give them an opportunity to exclude part of the repair because 'further damage was caused by failure to protect the original damage'. I would suggest a chat with their claims department, I am sure they will try and assist if you approach them sensibly.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Oh dear, plenty on here been there, done that ,I got as far as the dangly chains and luckily had room to reverse.
Yes us too , those chains stopped us reversed back didn't care about traffic or embarrassed faces just glad we missed it.
So sorry for you as you have been looking forward to the trip so much.

OP
OP
Madeinengland
Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015

Yes the gendarmes said ' plenty people, they do it 'ere too' and judging by the the tunnel ceiling... Well.
Once we got out and drove a few 100mts to assess the damage, funnily enough where we stopped was littered with broken plastic, which looked MH related. :)

OP
OP
Madeinengland
Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
I just did a couple of tunnels in Rouen on my way back this time babe! I didn't even want to go thru the place but satnav took me there, I only did 2 long tunnels. I must have got lucky!! It will all be fine babe. That's what insurance is for! Have a drink tonight and keep smiling! Xxxxx. Just out of interest? Was there much traffic behind you? Lolxxx

Haha! Not too many behind to begin with!
Finally we are stopped at a beautiful site with a river view, glass in hand... Heaven.

OP
OP
Madeinengland
Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Oh no sorry to hear about your mishap after all those recent threads about low bridges( at Rouen in France) hope it's not terminal( can you post a photo or are you still sorting things out?)
Take care!

Dam! If only I'd read them Anthea.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back