• Do you need a house sitter? Are you a house sitter? Use this forum to hook up with each other and arrange house-sitting and pet care etc.  MotorhomeFun takes no responsibility for any aspect of the house sit and only provides this forum as a way of introduction. Vetting and due diligence is the responsibility of the individual.  You are advised to use a formal agreement an example of which can be found here

HOUSE OWNERS
    Tell us roughly where you are, the dates you require, what you are looking for, if you accept pets, largest motorhome you could accommodate etc.

SITTERS
    Tell us about you, your van, any pets, any house sitting experience, where you would travel to etc

House Sitter Reqd Next to Toulouse France (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi all!

As you might know (or not!) I am a stadium warden. As a warden I have a house at the entrance of that stadium, which is a private one, belonging to a big firm.

I desperately need some holidays to distress but I am not right now in a position I can leave my house on its own. The reason is , the stadium has been invaded by gypsies (except the bit belonging to me).

I'd rather have a couple without children, or a man on his own. It could be more than one van: 2 or 3 are ok.
It definitely MUST NOT be someone aggressive or wanting to have the last word.... it is not the right option in these particular circumstances.
You can have water. You can plug in the main (one van at a time without using kettle :not that I want it cheap, but just because it tends to blow up easily!). There's a place to empty your cassette on the stadium, without having to go through "them" all. And I see no problem at all if your grey tank is open when parked in my garden.
You can have dogs/cats, no problem.
This would be from 5th of august to 20th of August.
If you're introduced by a funster I know, it's even better.
I will have to introduce you to my boss and the local gendarmes with your identity papers and registration.

Any question, just ask away. I would be so grateful. I have also texted my son, to ask him but being in Iceland , I don't know if his phone allows him to text Europe (he's not a phone person, so his phone is a basic one.... he just phones with it LOL!)? Thanks for readind me!

Amicalement

Frankie

Edit: wifi available , a bit weak but fine most of the time!
You can run genny all day long if you want to!

Last edited:

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I would do it except I am not that keen on the Itinerant's they will have the shirt of your back while your wearing it,

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I thought I would point out that our roaming cousins are parked a little away from the Stadium gated entrance... on one side...

20160719_185133.jpg

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I thought I would point out that our roaming cousins are parked a little away from the Stadium gated entrance... on one side...

Well you've blown Frankie's plan, who is brave enough to take on that number.

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Me I I would not have a problem with it but we have jay no children Franky has stipulated
Bill

Hi Bill!
I have said I preferred no children because I thought parents would be worried with these people around and I feel responsible too. But I personally do not mind at all. Gypsies would not touch a child that's for sure. We call it "Principe de Precaution" , I'm sure you can understand these words.

I should add that of course this stands much more for people being already in France or not far. People willing to travel to France just to help me (which I would be very grateful for) will have expenses I can't help with . I can't do both hols+expenses for someone to come over. I'd rather pay a student to come and stay at my place it would save a lot of troubles , but I can't do that either.

Anyway, if you think you can do it , let me know Bill

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi Bill!
I have said I preferred no children because I thought parents would be worried with these people around and I feel responsible too. But I personally do not mind at all. Gypsies would not touch a child that's for sure. We call it "Principe de Precaution" , I'm sure you can understand these words.

I should add that of course this stands much more for people being already in France or not far. People willing to travel to France just to help me (which I would be very grateful for) will have expenses I can't help with . I can't do both hols+expenses for someone to come over. I'd rather pay a student to come and stay at my place it would save a lot of troubles , but I can't do that either.

Anyway, if you think you can do it , let me know Bill
I would have to she how work pans out we will se at the moment I can't make any commitment but you never know
Bill

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Frankie
Would have loved to help you out but have to go back to UK (we are at Parc Verger at the mo) as I have to work a few days at the beginning of August. Maybe next time with a bit more notice (y) xxx

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Hi Frankie
Would have loved to help you out but have to go back to UK (we are at Parc Verger at the mo) as I have to work a few days at the beginning of August. Maybe next time with a bit more notice (y) xxx

Thanks Ali .... would have been great as you already know the place...
As for next time .... I hope I will never have them again to be really honest! LOL !

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
northern ireland and portugal
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
Any house sitters' motorhome(s) would be here...

View attachment 116306

not here...

View attachment 116308

or here...

View attachment 116309

Dam it JJ you get all the best jobs!!
theres posts that are hard to fill ,but wait i have just realised there is the very man for the job on this forum---tootles!
there you go ,cool and calm under pressure ,a man of the people,completely open about race creed or colour,so what he may have shot a fenian or two,
but this is the man for you.
He will not take long to drill them into shape,by the time your friend come back from holiday -they will be eating out of his hand.!! (or they will have eaten him and his hand"
In years to come it will be heralded as one of the greatest social experiments even undertaken!
people will be proud of you for having arranged such a meeting of minds,and they will hail you in the street--
on it goes -be cunning ,tell him its hush hush (ohmservice),
lay it on thick-he has been to northern ireland so he knows a thing or two.
And lastly tell him if there is any problem,we will back him up,
to the hilt!!

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Hi Frankie, we hope you find a house sitter so that you can get away on your much needed holiday. We wish we were closer as we would have helped you out......

Just a question, why hasn't your boss and or the police done something about these parasites!!!!!

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Why is it your responsibility to find someone to guard the place and what is your boss doing about it? Surely you are entitled to your holiday. If the police can't/won't move them and your boss seems less than interested, it surely can't be up to you to sort it out?

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Awww would love ro oblige Frankie but I am scheduled for my cataract operation in Limoges during that period and the last dealings I had with Pykies I piled pallets all around them and threatened to burn em out so maybe not the right qualities. Come to think of it they put curses on me, I wonder how long they last

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Hi Frankie, we hope you find a house sitter so that you can get away on your much needed holiday. We wish we were closer as we would have helped you out......

Just a question, why hasn't your boss and or the police done something about these parasites!!!!!

Hi Steve and Sue!

First of all , thank (to all funsters) for your concern and friendship.
I'll try to explain as briefly as possible.
1)A town which has more than 5000 people must have an "Aire de grand passage" which is only for the gypsies called here Gens du Voyage or Gitans. Any town not providing it is to be fined.
2) Balma hasn't got such an Aire
3) Gypsies can then go on any big enough private area, and stay until the judge of the department says "Off you go" which we call "Référé".
4) To be able to have this paper from the judge you , the Firm/Shop/aeronotic club/farmer ..etc... must
a) Get a lawyer and a bailiff 's written statement , saying the place is unduly occupied.
b)Get the name of the leader, as the référé must have a one name on! (Lawyer and bailiff's job)
c) A list of a certain number (no idea how many) of vans/caravans registrations with the name of their owners (gendarmes's job)
5) Then the leader will have to face the judge ..and will of course be miserable about the conditions of their lives.
6) Decision of the judge : usually a fortnight
7) Then..... Get them OUT!

Lawyer and bailiff came after one week being complaining on the phone (me by all means). You must be aware than at the moment the firm is having "a social plan" which means 240 people are being fired , and it's all day meetings to discuss their leaving in the best conditions....one by one.
I am not a priority.

Then the gendarmes refused to go and see the gypsies... I will explain what's probably going on later. So no registrations, and no names.

Municipal police is now to do it, and in fact has done it.
Things are on their way, but an obvious lack of willing to get rid of the problem.
Bare in mind that while they are HERE, they are not in town ! I am only one person here to vote.....Getting things right now??

Love and hugs to both of you
Next question:

Why is it your responsibility to find someone to guard the place and what is your boss doing about it? Surely you are entitled to your holiday. If the police can't/won't move them and your boss seems less than interested, it surely can't be up to you to sort it out?

Hi Cat!

Deffo yes, entitled to holidays BUT.... I'm not working in my house, not the way you understand it.
There's an office (in the house but separated by a special door) devoted to a possible replacement. Then , what will that person do while I am away? He/She will just sit there, from 8.00am to 6.00pm. Open the gate if one of the official comes , so about once a week:rolleyes:, and then what? ...will go away for the night! This is where it becomes personal. The firm is not responsible for my belongings. Any burglar could come and empty the house during the night. The firm is not involved.
I want someone to live in, or next to the house and show there's life , switch some lights on, never the same ones and so on....Hence this is MY problem. I would even say , there's no risk or very little while gypsies are here... They don't rob next to the place they're staying at they're not silly... they...look! Once they have moved a few kms away... they come back and rob, if they are interested.
The children and youngsters are more of a pain. If they see the house empty, they will just spoilt it, destroy things just for pleasure. Even if I ask the gendarmes to keep an eye on it, they won't spend the night looking you see. They have quite a lot of work at the mo with terrorism.
This is why I'm looking for someone on my own, don't even need a replacement.

Thanks for you concern Cat... Just a useless case lol!
Love and hugs!

Awww would love ro oblige Frankie but I am scheduled for my cataract operation in Limoges during that period and the last dealings I had with Pykies I piled pallets all around them and threatened to burn em out so maybe not the right qualities. Come to think of it they put curses on me, I wonder how long they last

Hi Alan!

I'm sure you would be great as a warden... never mind! At least you thought of me!
Mind you I am not sure your way of getting rid of the problem would have been the best one:eek:!

As to set fire on 120 caravans and as many cars/vans to pull them... believe me it's a big lot!!
Get yourself sorted ... and I will try to do the same here.
If no solution , well we'll stay here:(

Hope to see you soon along with Linda of course and Ken and Steph

Love to you all

Now why on earth the gendarmes didn't want to come and do their job?
No evidence of who and why, but it seems obvious we have here some political issue.

The Maire can't afford a general complain of several Balma citizens if the Gypsies were to stay on some public fields, let alone built a special Aire for them.
My little finger whispered to my ear that it is more than a possibility that the Maire interfered , and asked the Gendarmes to stay quiet.
The slower the whole procedure goes , the longer HE doesn't have to solve the problem. Even if the référé is given to them, it might take some time before the police throw them out .... I know , I know....... DISGUSTING!

Amicalement

Frankie:whistle:

Last edited:
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Well I see it's very complicated Frankie, I do hope you can find someone to help out...

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Just a fanciful idea Frankie, but it may be worth a try.

Although I don't know any personally I think it's usual for there to be someone in a group of gypsies who has authority. Would it be worth trying to find him and explain that you want/need to take a holiday but you are worried there are 120 odd strangers parked illegally on the piece of land you are looking after and if you went away there may be trouble for you at the stadium and for your house.
I think they may have some form of code of honour that if the boss said all will be safe my bet it would be.

Just a thought

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
@veevee I know the "head" of them all and had already a few long chats with him . He happens to be a Blackfoot just like me. How did I meet him? HE came to me to ask for some help to find out which children are messing about! LOL ! He can't handle them. They are little wild animals. As for the youngsters, they are not listening to the head very much. They are rude when on their own . Mind you one tried to be on my way....but.... I might be small but I happen to be quite stubborn too. I just went under his arm (useful to be small now and then!) and told him off for the mess I found. Anyway, I know no one will chase them enough (among gypsies that is) to avoid any spoiling at my place. It's just a game for them. If I go to them , they fly away like little birds. A couple of hours ago, I saw them on the main path, going towards the gate. JJ called me "Frankie!" as I was about to meet them. They heard me replying "Yeah , saw them". They ran away scared of me...lol ... I had to shout: I don't eat children, ...well rarely! They stopped , came back , and I asked. What are you here for? "Wanted to get out ". "Gate is shut at all times. No need to come and check" and off they went.
I recognised one of them. , I had had a talk with a group of children he was with. Tried to deal with them.... but words are just words. they listen for a few days, then get bored and do silly things again. Just children really. Still looking for house sitter... we'll see! Love and hugs to you 2! Xxx

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
What a pain in the arse. Hope you find someone or they are at last evicted.
Yes... not really a pain in the everyday life. We hardly see or hear them, but deffo evening and early night... then it's all peaceful again.... far too busy robbing houses a few kms away!:whistle::eek::LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back