Where are all the Brit's? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
After watching a few stages of the Tour de France, we are now down in the South of France at Port la Nouvelle. Met with up with "badknee" a few weeks ago, but have yet to see meet any more "brits" where are you all?

colyboy

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
After watching a few stages of the Tour de France, we are now down in the South of France at Port la Nouvelle. Met with up with "badknee" a few weeks ago, but have yet to see meet any more "brits" where are you all?

colyboy
We've seen very few Brits on our trip, particularly in the south of Italy. But Belgians? Millions of them, they out numbered the locals in the Cevennes and Corbières regions of France. Of course it may be a sign of an alien invasion, I must check out the next one I see for any distinguishing feature, such as a bent little finger, or a taste for eating flies...

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I have just spent 4 months touring England ,Scotland and Wales,never saw one funster, so they must be in France or Spain hiding from this glorious weather ..lol.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
OOH Arrr! zince te referendum we be 'ere m'ansome, us'll don' go furrin till we kin invade

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
We've not long come back from 3 weeks down S France. Of all sites seen one brit couple in Frejus then none until Amiens, don't mind tho, makes lovely change. Loads of Dutch, they were everywhere. I always love the confusion at the wash area when there's no numberplate to go off so it's guesswork. Spent few days in Avignon once talking french everyday to a couple who turned out to be British ! Was funny.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We're on Le Monaster sur Gazeille aire and I was only saying yesterday that we haven't seen many Brits since being in France since May.
Maybe because we're staying inland at the moment. By the way this Aire is really nice and free.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I have just spent 4 months touring England ,Scotland and Wales,never saw one funster, so they must be in France or Spain hiding from this glorious weather ..lol.
I think they go incognito Roy!!

GaryW

Free Member
Aug 6, 2012
Fleetwood, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
@colyboy , we are thinking of stopping at Port la Nouvelle on route back from Spain early October.
Stopping either at the Aire or Municipal Campsite.
Any recommendations.
Gary

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
We arrived home from France last weekend after touring for 10 weeks. We also noticed and lack of British motor homes both on route and Aires. This year we broke our record of Aires used. Our total night's in France was 70 and we only used campsites for 6 nights. We probably wouldn't have stayed on any campsites but ill health forced us to seek refuge.

OP
OP
colyboy
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
GarryW Will check if Municipal Campsite is open at that time of the year. Did look at prices for this time of year open and it seemed very expensive. The "aire" is open all year and about the time you will here 4E per night with "flot bleu" at 2E no electric.

colyboy

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Chamonix now, going through the tunnel to Italy this morning, 8 days at Lakes Garda and Iseo then heading back into France along the Med coast and will be at Parc Verger in about 2 weeks.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Just left La Suze sur Sarthe where there were a few Brits as there always seems to be there. One was a familiar face only @Larby with his wife and doggie who we last saw at Bagwell!

Heading south now to visit friends in Moncoutant before meeting up with @Les and my sister next week :)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Basically once north of Amsterdam you will be lucky to see another Brit MH on a regular basis. They are all crowded darn sarf in the sweaty costas :sick:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back