nationwide - travel, breakdown+recovery, any age +++ (1 Viewer)

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
nationwide is offering a great deal for 10 pounds a month

1. Interest on savings up to £2500
2. Family travel insurance for 31 days, but can be extended for extra £, for ages to 75, after 75 yrs its by quote
3. Breakdown and recovery any age vechicle, up to 7.5 ton. No restriction on number of call outs, up to 6 months. can be extended for extra £££
4. Cover for phones, tablets, for theft, accidental breakage, etc for new items and it covers items already purchased in the previous year.
5. Emergency passport and cards.
6. No charges for cash withdrawals on card and using credit card worldwide.
7. One year extended warranty on household items an tablets, laptops etc
8. Identity theft.

If you also take their credit card, you pay less interest, have 12 months interest free for new purchases, can trf other credit card debt for FREE, and its also 12 months interest free, AND you earn money on all purchases.

Opened mine today :)

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
I took the Flex Plus option recently. As said, £10 per month = £120 a year, plus it was an extra £50 to extend the travel insurance for trips up to 60 days. So £170 in total.
Just got my travel insurance renewal from Saga - £231, and that's Europe only (N'Wide is worldwide).
Looking forward to the motorhome insurance renewal to see how much more I'll save when I cancel the Breakdown cover.
PS, you get 3% interest as well on balances up to £2,500, so a potential £75, which would reduce my £170 to only £95.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
I can confirm it does everything it says on the can.
It certainly does, we have had it about a year now. Had to use the breakdown cover in the UK, excellent service.The first guy they were going to send couldn't guarantee to be there within the hour so they found someone who could. Kept us informed by phone and then checked that all had gone to plan. Just had the quote for Travel cover upgrade which is £110.20 as we both have minor medical issues and remember that is worldwide. Luckily we haven't tried that one yet!!!
Have recommended to a lot of friends
Chris

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have used the medical cover last year in Spain twice, once for a 5 day hospital stay with a bad dose of gastro enteritis and once with an ear infection that required ongoing treatment for about 3 weeks.
I pay extra for the 90 day cover, but I do have quite a few existing medical problems. The cost of the £10 per month is reduced by keeping £2,5K in the account so it is quite a lump cheaper than it first seems.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks.... Get's mentioned on here and Facebook quite often but worth a note for those that may still not have seen it.(y)

I can vouch for the Phone cover, Both me son and my daughter have used the facility to get dropped phoned repaired.
We have done 3 recommendations since joining 12 months ago and have £275 in referal's so thats me covered for over 2 years :) at no cost.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
There was another thread on this last week on here which brought to my attention that this covered motorhomes and trailers which i did not know. I have had the flex plus for a couple of years and never knew it covered these as well as the others options. Very good deal in my opinion. :)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
There was another thread on this last week on here which brought to my attention that this covered motorhomes and trailers which i did not know. I have had the flex plus for a couple of years and never knew it covered these as well as the others options. Very good deal in my opinion. :)

The motorhome over 3500kg cover was only added about 12 months almost same time as we opened account as they had received info that day by phone but leaflets still stated 3500kg.. BONUS :)

May be worth getting some updated leaflets on all thats covered..

Only downside is they wont cover my heart, even after the bypass.. Wont even quote on a extra payment so I have to go elsewhere and pay them for a seperate policy :(

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Do you actually have to use the bank account , like putting so much in and out a month, or can you just put in your £2500 and leave it and get the interest and insurance.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
The motorhome over 3500kg cover was only added about 12 months almost same time as we opened account as they had received info that day by phone but leaflets still stated 3500kg.. BONUS :)

May be worth getting some updated leaflets on all thats covered..

Only downside is they wont cover my heart, even after the bypass.. Wont even quote on a extra payment so I have to go elsewhere and pay them for a seperate policy :(

That's why i never noticed it then as i was sure i checked this all out when i got the cover, thanks for the info.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
I have written on more than one occasion offering to "Refer A Friend", as that way we BOTH get a £100 "Bonus" if someone transfers an account with 2 Direct Debits. So far only one person has taken me up, but the offer is open to all (y) - Gordon

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I have recently opened a plus account mainly for the insurances. When checking at my local branch they advised there was no need to have any DD's set up. Have just referred a friend and await my £100 referral fee.

Have a,wags banked with N'wide and think there internet banking is very easy to use.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Do you actually have to use the bank account , like putting so much in and out a month, or can you just put in your £2500 and leave it and get the interest and insurance.

You have to pay in at least £750 per month.

I get our pensions paid in, then transfer £1000 to First Direct (they paid £150 for opening an account with them). Then I transfer £500 to each of our Halifax accounts (they paid £100 to open them plus £5 per month). Then I transfer it back to the Nationwide. At a later date I do it all again, as Halifax require £800 per month (from memory).

Not a bad little earner for 2x10 minutes on the internet (I think it could all be done by standing order, but I prefer to keep a handle on things).

Gordon

OP
OP
camperlove

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
I took the Flex Plus option recently. As said, £10 per month = £120 a year, plus it was an extra £50 to extend the travel insurance for trips up to 60 days. So £170 in total.
Just got my travel insurance renewal from Saga - £231, and that's Europe only (N'Wide is worldwide).
Looking forward to the motorhome insurance renewal to see how much more I'll save when I cancel the Breakdown cover.
PS, you get 3% interest as well on balances up to £2,500, so a potential £75, which would reduce my £170 to only £95.:)
many thanks for your further input. Never had travel insurance when I went aboard before, and they could not give me a definite quote, about future travel, or about the extra pounds, UNTIL I was actually going overseas, and wanted to extend the 30 odd days. I don't really know if the extra £50 pounds you were quoted is worth the extra 30 days.
I don't really understand about this saga stuff etc. Could you pm me, to explain all, so I don't bored others to death who already know or understand this stuff.

I don't want to hog the forum with my ignorance............. pm so you can explain to me the ins and out would me appreciated. viv

OP
OP
camperlove

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
you don't need to set up direct debts nor deposit a set monthly sum. this is for the flexplus account, not their other accounts. not sure about the 100 pounds.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back