Is gassing fact or myth? (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It's a fact GW.....The latest incident July 7, 2016 campers on the road suffered a robbery aboard the motorhome after they were first put to sleep with sleeping gas. Offenders use a canister-based ether, a product that is no longer sold here for starting diesel engines, it is still found on sale in former Eastern block countries. Lets be careful out there.....(y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sorry people but I've got withdrawal symptoms - haven't seen a gassing thread for ages so I thought I'd just wake up some other gassing thread fans and sit back and enjoy :)

Oh yes. I though it rubbish but recently met three people who knew four people who know a case of a whole rally field of motorhomes knocked out by gas and all the occupants raped then robbed, men and woman. There's equality for you. Some will never recover, some say the MH full of Nuns recovered well and go camping there every week now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Its a fact. Larby's dog gassed me! :( He feeds it on peas, cabbage and old coats or something. Stinks to high heaven. :(

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
A few drops on some cotton wool is enough to cause unconsciousness so a can full could knock a elephant out.
If a full can could knock out an elephnat why no dead humans? or dogs, enough to knock out a human would kill a small dog
can't believe the t.leaves would be bothered about after effects.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Yes I'm afraid tiz true, the lead up is generally a meal of Indian Nosh followed by a couple of Cobra Lagers:drink:, then all washed down by a couple of litres of "Purple Death" Red Wine.:wine:

Then leaving a door unlocked, and your handbag containing £2000 and Camera which was specially made by NASA on the front seat, along with, in my case, a brand new purchased that day for cash, 36 inch bar Stil Chainsaw with Diamond tipped cutters, which I'd lost the receipt for. My wife's (The Duchess) Tiara once worn by Boudica, the orange stains roman blood. And last but not least Long John Silver's wooden leg :whistle2:

AND! If you don't believe me, that makes two, 'cause the Insurance Company didn't either:hi5::lips:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Yes I'm afraid tiz true, the lead up is generally a meal of Indian Nosh followed by a couple of Cobra Lagers:drink:, then all washed down by a couple of litres of "Purple Death" Red Wine.:wine:

Then leaving a door unlocked, and your handbag containing £2000 and Camera which was specially made by NASA on the front seat, along with, in my case, a brand new purchased that day for cash, 36 inch bar Stil Chainsaw with Diamond tipped cutters, which I'd lost the receipt for. My wife's (The Duchess) Tiara once worn by Boudica, the orange stains roman blood. And last but not least Long John Silver's wooden leg :whistle2:

AND! If you don't believe me, that makes two, 'cause the Insurance Company didn't either:hi5::lips:
I don't think that you are taking this thread seriously.....:)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
It is true, but in my case the only thing that I discovered missing in the morning was half a bottle of Rum and all the ice in the fridge! :D

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
If a full can could knock out an elephnat why no dead humans? or dogs, enough to knock out a human would kill a small dog
can't believe the t.leaves would be bothered about after effects.
No scotsue, this gas has been tried and tested by the thieves for a number of years in the eastern block. They calculate how long it will take before it will be safe to enter. then open the door and the gas is soon dissipated giving the thieves just a short time to get what they want. There has been a number of reports where one of the occupants woke up to find someone inside their motorhome yet didn't hear them break in. That's the gas not taken full effect or the thief not getting out in time.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Oh yes. I though it rubbish but recently met three people who knew four people who know a case of a whole rally field of motorhomes knocked out by gas and all the occupants raped then robbed, men and woman. There's equality for you. Some will never recover, some say the MH full of Nuns recovered well and go camping there every week now.
BRIAN!!! WHAT WE GONNA DO WITH YOU!!!:doh::doh::pray2::welc:

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
We were in Spain last year and we were gassed , after we were rendered unconscious the thieves/ thief entered the van ( eerily , without damaging any of the doors and locks , real professionals . )
They stole my Rolex ,wallet , the wifes jewellery and our passports ................................... Now here is the clever part , they replaced ALL the stolen goods with exact replicas . If it hadn't been for the headache I swear you couldn't tell we had been gassed and robbed. Be careful out there people . :LOL::D:)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A few drops on some cotton wool is enough to cause unconsciousness so a can full could knock a elephant out.
How do you get gas to stay on the cotton wool ?
And why would you want to knock out an elephant ?
Maybe so you could steal it's Mini or get in the phonebox.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Last year we were motorhoming in Devon and gave a lift to two young men whose car had broken down, taking them to a nearby garage. We chatted on the way, they said they were anaesthetists from the local hospital. They were pleasant company so we asked them to join us for a drink that evening after the car ws fixed.

I have to admit quite a few bevvies were put away, you guys know what it's like, and I don't remember much until the next morning. Boy, did we have headaches!

Started making a cup of tea, when there was a scream from Dave - the Rolex watch, the diamond earrings, the £2,000, oh my god! Oh my god!
- and there it all was on the table! We didn't know where they had come from but there was a note saying Thank You.

Were we gassed do you think?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
As a multiple staffy owner I can categorically state motorhome gassing is a fact. If you dont realise what just happened and open a window or door quickly, you will be rendered unconscious and at the very least gasping for breath.
thats why you see gangs of dodgy types hanging around with staffies on ridiculously big chains. just waiting to rob the unsuspecting using staffy farts

other than that, gassing must be a myth. Does this handkerchief smell of chloroform to you??

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Really?

Does this mean it's time for the cycle to start again?

Can we expect new grey water, poo and A-frame threads soon?
We havent had an anti 'E' cig or smoking in built up sheds rant for a while......OR one on the joys of peddling to work dressed like a complete idiot and wearing a yellow jersey for MONTHS! (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back