Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hi to you all
On my 2nd motorhome now had it 2 months from brownhills its back there this week for some warranty work .Its a 05 rimor 6 birth RHD i had a Category 2 immobilizer fitted to it and the fitter (who did not work for brownhills) found a switch hidden under the dash bored that goes to a box under the bonnet its a small box about 5in by 5in 1 in deep it looks like its been added as an extra from the box it has 2 wires that go to engine and on goes to accelerator pedal not sure what its for but some one SAID poss fuel saving device the engine starts with the switch on and off ANY IDEAS .Forgot at ask brownhills about it just wanted the warranty work don first ?
Many Thanks Terry

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
If there is a connection to the accelerator, maybe it was a 'cruise control'.??

OP
OP
Terry and Nicola

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
hi the 'cruise control' did cross my mind but its allmost impossible find when driving .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
hi the 'cruise control' did cross my mind but its allmost impossible find when driving .

Hi, Terry contact previous owner- name & address on front of reg .doc (logbook in old money!) maybe he had it fitted ?
Cheers, Dave :thumb:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
I had something similar turned out to be an old phantom tarcker device

regards

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Terry and Nicola

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hi, Terry contact previous owner- name & address on front of reg .doc (logbook in old money!) maybe he had it fitted ?
Cheers, Dave :thumb:

HI Dave Did try to contact previous owner only got a fax tone and my pc is not set up for fax . Many Thanks Terry

OP
OP
Terry and Nicola

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
SmartBox

HI Have been reading some posts on here about SmartBoxs if it is a SmartBox should it been turned on all the time ?

OP
OP
Terry and Nicola

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
thats funny

Thats Funny
Many thanks to the member off the brownhills staff who spotted this on here. Had a phone call from brownhills to tel me what the box is. It is to help with increased Torque and power which some one said.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back