Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
we are looking to sell our lovely autotrail Apache 632, for a IH Tio RL van.
Anyone have one...know of them? Would love to know what everyone thinks of them ?

Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
Havnt got one but we have looked closely at IH. IMO they are premium vans, very well made and finished and would be an excellent investment.

We decided against IH because they did not quite provide the design we wanted and we thought they we overpriced. We ended up with a Globecar campscout.

Reactions: Sue
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
image.jpeg
When Ralph converted Pug he copied a lot of the design layout . That and globe car.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

LadyBea

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Dumfries &Galloway
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 1994
Don't vantage do a fixed panel now. We've had IH tio's in the past but we feel the design and build quality is far better on our latest van, which is a Globecar Campscout, and you have got a very large amount of storage under the 2 single beds which are some of the most comfortable beds we have had.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We have a IH now and the build quality is far, far superior to Autotrail.

We have a RL and love it. Only bought it in March and have already completed a three month trip across France and Spain.

During our trip nothing broke or fell off and everything worked all of the time.

We had a few build issues and visited the Factory in Knottingley last week for the remedial work to be completed. Lovely people and they sorted out everything. We even stayed a couple of nights just outside Holmfirth on the way home.

We love our IH :)(y)

Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
We have a IH FL and love it. I've got a review I wrote somewhere, I'll dig it out.

Cheers
Al.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We haven't got one but have certainly crawled all over them before! IMV they are a bit 'old fashioned' in the design department, their method of making the cupboard doors for example hasn't changed whilst most MHs/campers now of modern type doors. Nothing wrong with the former if it is a look you like. Also can't stand the 'IH' emblem all over the place!

Can I ask why a fixed rear panel is so vital?

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
We haven't got one but have certainly crawled all over them before! IMV they are a bit 'old fashioned' in the design department, their method of making the cupboard doors for example hasn't changed whilst most MHs/campers now of modern type doors. Nothing wrong with the former if it is a look you like. Also can't stand the 'IH' emblem all over the place!

Can I ask why a fixed rear panel is so vital?
Like the fixed rear panel as it gives a very different feel to 2 doors opening at the back...to us, it seems more relaxing, if that makes sense. Also 2 doors opening a bit too utilitarian for us....hope that doesnt offend anyone. What are the advantages of 2 opening doors...and doesn't it just make it feel like a van rather than a camper?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Like the fixed rear panel as it gives a very different feel to 2 doors opening at the back...to us, it seems more relaxing, if that makes sense. Also 2 doors opening a bit too utilitarian for us....hope that doesnt offend anyone. What are the advantages of 2 opening doors...and doesn't it just make it feel like a van rather than a camper?
Everyone is entitled to their own views so it doesn't offend at all ref the 2 doors and I can understand your thoughts but for us the advantages far outweigh this - for example we've just had to empty our static caravan and did 2 trips in the camper so being able to open the rear doors and stuff all sorts in was a godsend ... especially the 3.8m canoe!

Another benefit of the doors is that when its a lovely day you can throw them open, along with the sliding door, and let the outside in - especially good when it's a hot day to let a breeze through - it's lovely also to slob there on our fixed bed (or rear sofa if you have one) and watch the world go by, look at the scenery etc so is less claustrophobic than a standard MH would be.

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Everyone is entitled to their own views so it doesn't offend at all ref the 2 doors and I can understand your thoughts but for us the advantages far outweigh this - for example we've just had to empty our static caravan and did 2 trips in the camper so being able to open the rear doors and stuff all sorts in was a godsend ... especially the 3.8m canoe!

Another benefit of the doors is that when its a lovely day you can throw them open, along with the sliding door, and let the outside in - especially good when it's a hot day to let a breeze through - it's lovely also to slob there on our fixed bed (or rear sofa if you have one) and watch the world go by, look at the scenery etc so is less claustrophobic than a standard MH would be.
Absolutely I can see all that...as you say we all want different things...hence the many many designs out there!

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We have a 630RL with rear doors and love it. Had a few teething problems but all sorted. We bought it last year and have done short and long trips including 5 weeks in Benidorm. The rear lounge comes into its own on cooler evenings, very snug. Its good on wet days as well as it is so light. We thought it was perfect until our guided tour of @Ralph-n-Bev van at the Yorkshire rally! He has picked the best of ih, vantage and then added extras. It is amazing, if you get the chance then take a look.

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
We have a 630RL with rear doors and love it. Had a few teething problems but all sorted. We bought it last year and have done short and long trips including 5 weeks in Benidorm. The rear lounge comes into its own on cooler evenings, very snug. Its good on wet days as well as it is so light. We thought it was perfect until our guided tour of @Ralph-n-Bev van at the Yorkshire rally! He has picked the best of ih, vantage and then added extras. It is amazing, if you get the chance then take a look.
That's good to hear.
We have bought a 600rl/rd, 2014 model...so ended up with rear doors, just couldn't afford to buy the fixed rear panel! So it's good to hear that you like that layout! Can I just ask how you go on with the LPG under slung tank , refilling? and did you have to buy new adaptors for Spain?

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Got the hang of the lpg filling now but the first few times was a bit nerve wracking! We have the adopters for Europe but didn't end up refilling overseas as we were mostly on hookup. Most people say that if you haven't got the right ones the garage usually do.
We love the rear doors, we were too mean to pay the extra as well although we can't open doors even with our Thule tilting bike rack but it's only a pain if you are searched at the ferry when you feel under pressure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back