• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

sale or swap. mwb for lwb, or similar (1 Viewer)

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
fiat ducato mwb E370?, 1998, rare limited edition, with rear bed/lounge. bed can be left made up as there are other seating arrangements. Very suitable for a female driver as easy to park in town. the usual, electric flushing toilet, shower, hot and cold water, fresh and grey water tanks, oven, hob grill, fridge, sink. sensor control blow heater, including into the shower, and cooling fan, awning, cycle rack, reversing camera. full service history, (the book got stolen, but the receipts will show the services, and have full mot history. there are more services and mot than needed as I tend to have a mot done when I travel further than 4 hours away from home. Well I am a female and need to know I am safe!
mileage is currently 71000. Last year on auto trader this van with slightly higher mileage, same year sold for £16000. As a trade in I was offered only £10000. So I loose out on the trade in, but I also will loose out again, because I would be forced to purchase the dealers van at a higher price than if I brought private, and my choice was limited.
would be eager to exchange, with cash adjustment either side for a LWB. I have just done my first Portugal trip, and realise, for long term trips ie over 3 months, but up to 8 months, I would be more comfy in a LWB. I mostly live in my van, and its hard to fit guitar, keyboards, dog, and your life in a MWB. Now I got the travel bug after my first trip, I wish to try it again, in a slightly longer van.
I have looked at whats on offer, yet again, from the dealers, and what they offer just doesn't match my van. Fridges are out and a cooling draw is in. Ovens are out along with the grill and microwaves are in. (I wild camp so cant use the microwave), The sinks are so small, and there isn't any windows, or maybe just the one. ! my van has panoramic sea views throughout the entire van. Im told they are called city buses and no one wants windows as they park in the city, and want to remain hidden. I would like what I have in a lwb.......sigh, maybe impossible, and I might have to consider one of those coach built ones. That will ruin my life style choice, yup they cheaper, but not good for parking or country roads. If you wish to swap a coach build van, it need to be no longer than 20ft, and I would want lessons on how to drive it before I agree to a swap. many thanks

OP
OP
camperlove

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
no. I only opened one picture, its not got the end /rear bed. Mine is the limited edition. its got the transverse rear lounge bed. I keep my bed erected 24/7 cause I got other seating places. I don't have to pack my bed away.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Who is the manufacturer? BUSBY.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Swift own the 'brand' names, Ace, Bessacarr, Autocruise etc so it's part of the Swift stable. Bessacarrs are normally their 'premium' range models

As you're looking to swap/sell you might want to put up some pictures so that people can see the condition of the MH.

OP
OP
camperlove

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Have you got photos please??
yes got photos but not sure how to post them up on this site. If you message me your email address i could send them to you by email? Or instructions needed on how to upload pictures. Many thanks viv

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Try the upload file option, its next to post reply hope that helps.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I use a tablet my photos are on it. When writing a reply click on Upload a File, then choose file.

Screenshot_2016-07-13-18-15-35.png

I then get these options. I click on Documents then I get these options.

Screenshot_2016-07-13-18-15-47.png

I click on photos, then choose photos. They download to the reply and then I click on Full Image.

Hope this helps, you may have to do something slightly different depending on what you are typing on.

OP
OP
camperlove

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Swift own the 'brand' names, Ace, Bessacarr, Autocruise etc so it's part of the Swift stable. Bessacarrs are normally their 'premium' range models

As you're looking to swap/sell you might want to put up some pictures so that people can see the condition of the MH.
got pictures up. I know my van is a limited edition cause of the back bed. I don't know if bessacarr is the premium range. I would class mine as one, compare to vans I have been viewing. my friend had a bessacarr and it had no heating nor flushing electric toilet, only a porta potty.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not sure what the limited edition thing is due to it having a back bed ... all of those made with that layout would have a back bed, Swift, Bessacarr ... do you have anything in the paperwork or on the van itself to say exactly what it is?

OP
OP
camperlove

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
just
Not sure what the limited edition thing is due to it having a back bed ... all of those made with that layout would have a back bed, Swift, Bessacarr ... do you have anything in the paperwork or on the van itself to say exactly what it is?

yes, mine is the e370, ie the transverse bed which is the limited edition. You can leave the bed as a ready made bed as there is other seating. The more common layout is the e360, which my friend had, with or without the luxuries. I m lead to believe, that the rear TRANSVERSE bed is more frequently used on a lwb, ( only after 2006) but not on a mwb, in Europe not the uk. Hence I cannot find one in the two summers ive been looking!!!! That's what I would like to have, what I have now, but on a lwb.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@camperlove: I think you will find that Autocruise do the layout you are looking for, possibly the Forte model. Not sure how many there will be in the market though, as it is a relatively newish model - possibly only introduced approx 3/4 years ago.

Good look with the search, I like the look of your Bessie!

OP
OP
camperlove

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
@camperlove: I think you will find that Autocruise do the layout you are looking for, possibly the Forte model. Not sure how many there will be in the market though, as it is a relatively newish model - possibly only introduced approx 3/4 years ago.

Good look with the search, I like the look of your Bessie!
many thanks for that. I just looked and there is the autocruise forte, accent and alto. cheapest is a 2010 at 33 grand. at least I now know the name of what I am looking for. I do believe there are other names though. Cause the first time I saw the van I want was on a fiat ducato base. but that is a help for me. thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back