Solano T700 to buy or not to buy? (1 Viewer)

J&S

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Hurworth on Tees, Darlington
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Wentworth
Exp
Since 1982
Hi Funsters
URGENT INFO NEEDED PLEASE
Are we doing the right thing?.

There is a Burstner Solano T700 twin single bed end bathroom layout, its on a 2009 plate. Its engin is 3Lt and its plated at 4000kg.
We are very tempted to purchase it.

Really would appreciate any comments about this model.
We are aware that it may ground out at the rear driving up a slope. However thats not a problem for us.

Thanks in anticipation J&S. Darlington area

Last edited:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Can't give you advice on whether to buy or not, but it looks a very nice van. Are you ok with your licence being as it is over the magic 3500kg?
I think any van with an overhang has the potential to ground out driving up a sudden steep slope although it doesn't look to be any longer than most other vans around 7m or so.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
What are you concerned about?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
They are usually very reliable vans, I have never heard of anyone having problems with "grounding". Most vans that have that problem generally speaking have soggy rear springs.

I don't think they have anymore overhang than the average 7 meter van, ours is a little over 7 and we have never had a problem with that happening, and we have been on quite a few ferries with it.

OP
OP
J&S

J&S

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Wentworth
Exp
Since 1982
No specific concerns about it, its just that I hate the thought of being told after the deal is done that I should have asked on the forum first...!

Also we have not been able to find one on the web that is the exactly the same... the one currently being offered by Southdown Motorhomes is the same but ourshas very different upholstery. Makes us wonder if its a different year or did the manufacturer offer different upholstery when new?
Thanks anyways for all you comments. .. oh and have just passed my medical (over 70) so that should be ok too.
J&S

OP
OP
J&S

J&S

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Wentworth
Exp
Since 1982
Oh thanks for that...most helpful but still cant see our exact t700 model... tried to find a 2008 Catalogue but no joy as yet.
the hunt go's on

Greenacres

Free Member
Jan 10, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van t620
Exp
13 years since retirement and many younger years as a Hippy in a VW conversion, roaming the Greek Is
We had the Delfin t700, almost identical. Loved it, loved it and cried when we downsized. Happy again now with the Burstner Travel Van, which is half a metre shorter but fixed single beds again. Such luxury.

OP
OP
J&S

J&S

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Wentworth
Exp
Since 1982
Got the van now... wonderful also got my licence upgraded to cover for that van as its over 3500kg and I'm over 70 years old.

We had the Delfin t700, almost identical. Loved it, loved it and cried when we downsized. Happy again now with the Burstner Travel Van, which is half a metre shorter but fixed single beds again. Such luxury.

why did you give yours up?

OP
OP
J&S

J&S

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Wentworth
Exp
Since 1982
By the way we still have not found anything on the web about our particular model. Found some similar types.
Its a 2008 on a 2009 reg , MAS 4000kg , engin is 3000cc and the upholstery is edged in cream leather with cream patterned material. End bathroom, single beds , loung/dining area, solar panels, reversing camara and its emaculate.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Could the upholstery be a special or has it been reupholstered? Sounds nice :)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Think its original but if it has be reupholstered its been done extremely well... we are over the moon with it ...
Sounds lovely have lots of great trips in her.:)

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Hi Funsters
URGENT INFO NEEDED PLEASE
Are we doing the right thing?.

There is a Burstner Solano T700 twin single bed end bathroom layout, its on a 2009 plate. Its engin is 3Lt and its plated at 4000kg.
We are very tempted to purchase it.

Really would appreciate any comments about this model.
We are aware that it may ground out at the rear driving up a slope. However thats not a problem for us.

Thanks in anticipation J&S. Darlington area
We have the same van as you! Very happy with it. Again ours is 3litre and over 4T
Not sure of your interior but ours is suede effect pale beige/cream
08 plate
Twin single beds rear bathroom. Only bugbear is shallow exterrior cupboars openings. But there is always sacrifice somewhere.
Hope you enjoy your van. Are you going to Malvern MH show in August?

John

OP
OP
J&S

J&S

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Wentworth
Exp
Since 1982
[QUOTE="Stagman, post: 1952745, member: 37789"Malvern

We have the same van as you! Very happy with it. Again ours is 3litre and over 4T
Not sure of your interior but ours is suede effect pale beige/cream
08 plate
Twin single beds rear bathroom. Only bugbear is shallow exterrior cupboars openings. But there is always sacrifice somewhere.
Hope you enjoy your van. Are you going to Malvern MH show in August?

John[/QUOTE]
Hi yer thanks for that John.... noe sure about Malvern... is that the rock and roll doo? If so we may well be there, nice to meet others with the same van...
re the van we finally purchased it and really love it. Been out twice locally already. The build quality and the layout are both first class...

Even the DVLA spark and reissued my C license fairly quickly.

Thanks agian from a very happy pair of funsters John & Sylvia

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Nope its the country and western themed motorhome show at Malvern. Just asked as we are going and if you wanted to check out/compare the vans.

We have been very pleased with ours. The only time we have scraped the overhang was on a weighbridge. We have just done 6 weeks touring cornwall with no problems whatsoever. Glad you're enjoying your new purchase. Agree great layout and quality

John

OP
OP
J&S

J&S

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Wentworth
Exp
Since 1982
20160714_211156.jpg
20160714_211934.jpg
Hi John think i may have finally managed to get some pics up for you to see...

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Yep its almost identical. Seat covering is different from ours and am not sure about the powerpoint (is it?) at the foot of the bed nearest the habitation door. Will have to go out and look at mine again tomorrow. All locked up and rining now. We dont have headboards in ours either.
John

OP
OP
J&S

J&S

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Wentworth
Exp
Since 1982
Ok think the mains skt is a previous owners mod.
there is also a solar panel, bike rack, reversing camara, towing hook and a Sat Nav in the dash board radio!
what we still cant understand is how it came to have theat upholstery. Wonder if Burstner did specials?
Anyway we are delighted with it...
regards John

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Ok think the mains skt is a previous owners mod.
there is also a solar panel, bike rack, reversing camara, towing hook and a Sat Nav in the dash board radio!
what we still cant understand is how it came to have theat upholstery. Wonder if Burstner did specials?
Anyway we are delighted with it...
regards John

Yep solar panel, bike rack teversing camera and sat nav in dash for us. No towing hook on ours. Sat Nav looks pretty pointless and must be out of date so we dont use it. Got a portable Falcon sat nav that I use and move from vehicle to vehicle.
I guess perhaps they did or maybe previous owners had it reupholstered. Like your headboards!

OP
OP
J&S

J&S

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Wentworth
Exp
Since 1982
I agree about the SatNav ha ha... wonder if it knows the M1 is open yet!
Have fun and enjoy John....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back