Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Mornin' everyone,

Could someone please answer a question I have regarding 12v power supply connectors.

I have just purchased an Autocruise Starspirit on a Peugeot Boxer chassis:thumb:. It has a cigarette lighter 12v supply and also another type lower down on the dashboard. What is the difference between these types and is there a specific use for the non cigarette type?

Many thanks

Phil

ps - pick the 'van up on Wednesday. Can't wait.

S

stagman

Deleted User
Mornin' everyone,

Could someone please answer a question I have regarding 12v power supply connectors.

I have just purchased an Autocruise Starspirit on a Peugeot Boxer chassis:thumb:. It has a cigarette lighter 12v supply and also another type lower down on the dashboard. What is the difference between these types and is there a specific use for the non cigarette type?

Many thanks

Phil

ps - pick the 'van up on Wednesday. Can't wait.

The Cigar lighter socket is usually protected by a higher amprage fuse than the accessory socket .Don't put your cigar lighter plug in the accessory socket or you probabally will blow the fuse . Vice versa should be ok as long as your accessories are protected by their own fuse .Hope that makes sense :thumb:

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
also another type lower down on the dashboard

That might be the improved German DIN power connector. Very similar to cigar but grips the connector better so more reliable. They do not take a cigar plug.

I've made up a few leads like this...

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site, I hope you enjoyed your trip back to Chester, nice to meet you in Barnstaple today. Do drop into chat and let me know how you got on.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Taran_Las
Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Wildman,

Thanks for coming over to chat - I'm afraid I had a mate in another car waiting for me to leave so I couldn't chat much today. What a small world.

I've met my first funster today! Mr. Wildman:thumb:

Regards
Phil Owen

Ps. Just got home and I'm knackered!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread