Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi knowledgeable ones

Our new van has one of these heaters that run on diesel and while it is very efficient at warming the van :thumb: we get a clicking when it is on.
Is this normal? What is it that clicks?:whatthe:

Keith

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
In general heaters do make clicking noises as they heat up, expansion of the different materials, howevr these tend to change in volume and frequency.
If yours is a regular click that remains constant it would suggest that its the ignitor that you may be hearing,as to wether it should be clicking after the unit is lit is another question, it could be a saftey flame protection feature or even a fault
Geo

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Hi knowledgeable ones

Our new van has one of these heaters that run on diesel and while it is very efficient at warming the van :thumb: we get a clicking when it is on.
Is this normal? What is it that clicks?:whatthe:

Keith

Hi, the clicking is usually from the pump.
I have read that you can buy a rubber mount that cushions the clicking effect and damps it out!
Hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

voxol51

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Shakespeare county
Funster No
MH
low profile/garage
Exp
5 years after 27 of tugging
Eberspachers have been used in trucks for years.
'Justme' is right in his post, the fuel metering pump does the clicking. Unfortunately the clicking noise is the pump working and you can't stop it, however, again as 'Justme' says, a rubber mounting will help prevent the clicking being carried through the van by acting as a damper/insulator.

Voxy.

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
concur on the pump, usually mounted outside and under vehicle for just this reason

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Thanks for the replies, :thanks2:
I will investigate further the pump mounting & see if I can make it quieter.:Smile:

Keith

B

bertie

Deleted User
Thanks for the replies, :thanks2:
I will investigate further the pump mounting & see if I can make it quieter.:Smile:

Keith

sorry for late reply, been away in van:sin: our eberspacher clicked so took it to local eberspacher service department and it is the pump, rubber mounts, which it was already on, made not a jot of difference so have now got used to it,

bertie

finby

Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
norfolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
about 8
I also concur with Justme. The clicking is the fuel feed pump. There is nothing to worry about, and we found that after a while you don't really notice it. Just to add, it's the best heating system we've had, and economical too!:thumb:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
You wouldn't normally notice the pump clicking because the heater itself is so damned noisy! :RollEyes:
It makes 'urban wildcamping' very tricky...:Smile:

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
You wouldn't normally notice the pump clicking because the heater itself is so damned noisy! :RollEyes:
It makes 'urban wildcamping' very tricky...:Smile:

I haven't noticed it being noisy & have now got used to the clicking of the pump.::bigsmile: I asked Autocruise about the mounting & they confirmed it is rubber mounted.
If you have ever parked next to an RV with the heating running don't get too close it could take the paint off the side of your van :Eeek: & they are much louder but very efficient.

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back