Circuit des Remparts d'Angoulême (1 Viewer)

DABgp

Free Member
Nov 15, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Ace Milano
Exp
Since August 2015
As a change from the Goodwood Revival, we are hoping to travel to this event in Angouleme this year. (Mid September) Does anyone have any experience of camping at this event in a motorhome, or nearby and using public transport?

Details of the event here
Link Removed

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
We went onto the web and it showed a campsite along side the river and a short walk into town,We couldn't see any campsite signs but worked out where it must be.We found the "site"It was when we went a gypsy encampment and obviously no longer a municipal campsite.The residents didn't look to friendly so we turned round and did a hasty retreat!!As it had started raining we decided not to stay for the racing(something I now regret)and headed for home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I'm here Jon, Yes were there a few years ago and the event was brilliant, bit low key compared to Goodwood I am sure but we both really enjoyed it.

We booked a pitch on the aire at the municipal camping it was great for what we needed, I would not just turn up and hope to get on the aire as it will be busy so book your space on aire or campsite (the aire pitches are a good size). There is a a cycle path to town with a steep hill on the road to get to the very top where they racing and everything else is held. The camping was very new when we were there 4 years ago and it had been in a different position in the same park area but had been taken over by travelling types who as we arrived were leaving at the pointy end of a French Gendarmes gun.

The format is not much happens on Friday night other than a few cars turning up in the town and parking here and there.

Saturday, the race cars are all assembled in "parc ferme"/pits and we paid €25 each for a pass to get in and look around, during the morning about 200 assorted "very nice" road cars go for a bimble around the French countryside a leasurely lunch and then they all arrive back into town in the afternoon to be announced on the finishing ramp and the parked in the town square to view, I said "assorted" Lancia delta S4 full Martini racing stage rally car, Bentley "blower" a beautiful Lotus 25 with polished alloy body, Citroen DS's etc etc etc.

Sunday, the hilltop roads of the town have been transformed overnight with Armco barriers, scaffold bridges and sheeting to stop you seeing anything unless you have a ticket/pass the same one from the pits the day before also covers the Sunday racing. Sunday morning is practice and afternoon is the racing, different classes loosely based on body style and era so the races can be a real mix.

Hope this helps, go enjoy "we did" and hope to do it again some year.

Martin

EDIT the pit pass/Sunday pass might not be €25 anymore.

OP
OP
DABgp

DABgp

Free Member
Nov 15, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Ace Milano
Exp
Since August 2015
@funflair Thanks, that's helpful. How far is this site from the centre of events? Is it walkable: my wife isn't into cycling.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back