Free Member
May 18, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
10yrs. & 20yrs towing.
Hi, This is going to sound pretty dumb, but does anyone know how the striplight tube is removed from its socket. This one is one of 5 over the bed area. Having removed the defuser, I expected the end caps to simply slide sideways to remove the lamp as with a domestic fluorescent lamp. But nothing moves, so I removed the screw attaching the lamp base to the panel, (see pic) hoping that that was holding it, but still no joy.
The slot that you can see in the pic, suggests that the lamp simply slides down, but if it does, it's hellish tight, so I didn't try that too hard.
Any ideas?

Link Removed

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi, This is going to sound pretty dumb, but does anyone know how the striplight tube is removed from its socket. This one is one of 5 over the bed area. Having removed the defuser, I expected the end caps to simply slide sideways to remove the lamp as with a domestic fluorescent lamp. But nothing moves, so I removed the screw attaching the lamp base to the panel, (see pic) hoping that that was holding it, but still no joy.
The slot that you can see in the pic, suggests that the lamp simply slides down, but if it does, it's hellish tight, so I didn't try that too hard.
Any ideas?

Link Removed

Rotate 90 degrees and the pins, now in line, drop down.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back