Fiamma Rainguard (2 Viewers)

Jul 10, 2014
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3 years
Has anyone fitted this. Fed up with water running between vehicle and awning. Arrived this morning and looks as though it might be difficult to wedge in the gap. Any tips appreciated.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I've debated it but I could not answer "so if the rain does not run down the back just where will it get to" so gave up at that point.

One day you may answer my question.

Jul 26, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
since 1999
Its awkward to get in but i installed one on ours and it works a treat,nothing comes in behind the awning now at all.
Crazy but a bit of vasaline works(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We had one on our Bessacarr, it was very effective and we had no leaks, however on one occasion it did make a bid for freedom on the M4, the front end had come away and the wind dragged about 3ft out of the track and made a hell of a noise while thrashing against the side of the van. We stopped on the next junction and I managed to pull the whole seal off.
When fitting make sure the front end is fully engaged, I used washing up liquid to lube the rubber and pressure on the end of a wooden hammer handle to make sure it was fully engaged, also take care not to stretch it as it changes the profile of the seal.
Cheers
Ed

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We have one. Make sure that you get the one wide enough; I didn't :blush: got the wide instead of the extra wide, as didn't allow for the shape of the edge of the roof

Very easy to fit, just lubricate the channel and the the rain guard itself with some soapy water. Job done (y)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Make sure you get the correct one to fit your van / awning. Ours was the smallest size, used a touch of wd40 as a lube. But bent a tent peg to use to force it in and then seated it with a hammer handle. You will hear / feel it clip into place.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Make sure you get the correct one to fit your van / awning. Ours was the smallest size, used a touch of wd40 as a lube. But bent a tent peg to use to force it in and then seated it with a hammer handle. You will hear / feel it clip into place.
Mine just slid in from one end, aided by a bit of lube........ It went in quite easily when I pushed against it a bit :Eeek:

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Its awkward to get in but i installed one on ours and it works a treat,nothing comes in behind the awning now at all.
Crazy but a bit of vasaline works(y)
I concur, it works a treat - so much so I'd forgotten I'd done it!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I got the upper rain guard medium when I should have ordered the large one......

One day, I'll get around to removing it and fitting the correct one

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
An alternative, if the gap isn't too big, is just a bead of sealant along the top ...

OP
OP
C
Jul 10, 2014
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3 years
Thanks everyone. I have the correct size (smallest). Will make sure it's warm and use soapy solution or silicon. Considering it seems such a small gap I am surprised how big the profile is. I suppose it needs to compress very tightly to remain in place.

OP
OP
C
Jul 10, 2014
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3 years
Did it the other day and it took about 20 minutes for 4.5m rail. Found a smear of washing up liquid on the wall of the mh was the answer. I had a screwfix plastic wedge in my tool box and this was ideal for easing it in and then the blunt end pushed it firmly down. Driven 150 miles and it hasn't moved.

One tip measure the exact length you need. I ordered 5 metres as the rail was 4.5m. It only took 4m so I have a metre of waste which cost a fiver.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I intend to complain about these FILTHY posts as soon as possible!! :Eeek:

Crazy but a bit of vasaline works

also take care not to stretch it as it changes the profile of the seal.

Very easy to fit, just lubricate the channel

Ours was the smallest size, used a touch of wd40 as a lube. But bent a tent peg to use to force it in and then seated it with a hammer handle.

Mine just slid in from one end, aided by a bit of lube........ It went in quite easily when I pushed against it a bit

I concur, it works a treat - so much so I'd forgotten I'd done it!

One day, I'll get around to removing it and fitting the correct one

if the gap isn't too big, is just a bead of sealant along the top ...

I have the correct size (smallest). Will make sure it's warm and use soapy solution or silicon. Considering it seems such a small gap I am surprised how big the profile is. I suppose it needs to compress very tightly to remain in place.

had a screwfix plastic wedge in my tool box and this was ideal for easing it in and then the blunt end pushed it firmly down.

I have the correct size (smallest). Will make sure it's warm and use soapy solution or silicon. Considering it seems such a small gap I am surprised how big the profile is.

Disgusting!! :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I intend to complain about these FILTHY posts as soon as possible!! :Eeek:

Disgusting!! :)
Tootsy! :Eeek:

You have a very, very, very smutty mind .... :blush:

but we always knew that ...:rofl:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Have fitted it on previous RV and now on rear of Hymer, concentrates run off and streaks at ends rather than complete panel so much easier to clean .
Just having trouble with the ends of the fiamma coming unstuck even though I used the paint cleaning tissue provided.
Have resorted to a drop of strong adhesive on last inch of gutter, sorted (y)

Have also polished with Collinite so hopefully problem solved.

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Has anyone fitted this. Fed up with water running between vehicle and awning. Arrived this morning and looks as though it might be difficult to wedge in the gap. Any tips appreciated.

put it in hot water to soften it, i used a teaspoon handle to get in the groove, slowly slowly catch the monkey, remember to have a bit of overhang both sides because it will shrink to fit,leave for a few weeks until it shrinks to its max, then cut the ends. if it gets too hard a bit of olive oil will help it slide into groove better(y)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I fitted one myself on my previous motorhome. Bought it from Johns Cross. Easy enough to do - didn't need to slide it just run a blunt rounded screwdriver along to force it is and lubricate with a bit of Fairy liquid (other washing up liquids are available.).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back