LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Hi All, I am looking to visit the above (fairly recently planted) location in the near future. Having never been to that particular area I have been trying to research where to stay for a couple of nights, as close to the area as possible and what else to visit, locally.
I would prefer a site with EHU, showers, etc as my sister will be travelling with us for the first time in the MH so I don't want to shock her too much :whistle: !!
Anyone able to assist, please ?

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Ingles Hill (a C & CC CS) is actually 'in' the wood.

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Ingles Hill (a C & CC CS) is actually 'in' the wood.
If we're talking about the Jubilee Wood above, Ingles Hill is about 4 miles away. Nice spot mind.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
LAM

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Thank you all.
Yes, Chipster it is the one at Normanton sorry should have been more specific.
Would you know if the Jubilee Wood has easy access for a large motorhome I don't really want to hire a car as well ?

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
No. Unfortunately there's a height barrier at the main car park entrance off Normanton Road and I cant think of any laybys near to the main car park either. If you decided to stay at Hill Farm and you're ok walking, you could walk along a bridal way from the site into the back entrance of QEJW, walking along the road would be quicker but no footpath, the roads aren't too busy mind. I regularly ride through QEJW and past Hall Farm on the bridal way on one of my bike loops. If your hiring a car then either Conkers or Ingleby Hill are both good bets.

Last edited:

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
You may be able to park in the entrance to the Wood. There's quite a deep pull in before the gates.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Hi lam Although quite close to me I am not familiar with that location but Bradgate park and Swithland woods are definitely worth a visit whilst in the area. There is a quite new caravan club cl site close to Cropston reservoir entrance to the park but not sure about showers tho. There is an archeological dig going on at the moment too which you may find interesting. Market Bosworth isn't far either and there is a campsite there at Bosworth water park and the visitor centre for the Battlefield close by.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back