Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
Are there any teckno geeks on here?
I have just upgraded my I phone 5 and lost all my photos
I sync the NEW phone on my PC then deleted all the info from my old device without doing a back up first.
The last time a did a back up was back in January so I have lost all the photos and contacts from that point onwards.
Is there anyway to retrieve them please???

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I believe youcan ask Apple on there helpline.
They will charge you but can recover all old photos & information.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Deleting data is a two-step process. First step is to delete the file location table (a kind of 'contents list'). Then the space containing the actual data is marked as 'free for future use'.

The data itself (photos, emails etc) is not actually wiped clean and can often be recovered, wholly or partially.

Sorry, I don't know how to do this on Apple products, being more used to PCs and Androids. Maybe someone here knows about this.

In general terms, you run a program that scans through the storage area and recognises file types by their characteristics. It then lists the files it's found, and allows you to copy them somewhere safe.

In the meantime, switch off the old phone, and don't switch it on again until you are ready to retrieve the data. This helps to prevent the phone randomly writing new data on top of your old missing photos.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Did you use itunes to delete everything on your old phone to clear all account information or did you just use 'delete' on the phone?

The latest version of ios does keep deleted photos if there's room, however a full system delete using itunes will, unfortunately, result it loss. I did the same myself a few years ago.

Some software claims to be able to recover data but our IT support folk don't like the look of it.

http://www.vibosoft.com/ios/recover-deleted-photos-from-iphone-backup.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
RS SPIKE

RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
Did you use itunes to delete everything on your old phone to clear all account information or did you just use 'delete' on the phone?

The latest version of ios does keep deleted photos if there's room, however a full system delete using itunes will, unfortunately, result it loss. I did the same myself a few years ago :(
No I just deleted on the old device

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Autorouter is quite correct, data is not deleted, just the space it occupies becomes available to store new data. If you take your SD card to a good computer repair shop they should be able to get some/all of them back.

If you feel brave, Google: Norton Undelete, and do it yourself.

PS: This is true for Windows World, in Apple World your pictures may already be in Jupiter's Red Spot :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back