LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
We only charge £15 on here to join !!! (y) :)

Is that what you meant... WEBSITES ?????

Reactions: f6c

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Hi Denise - welcome to the Fun!

If you are a member of the Caravan Club or Camping & Caravanning Club, they operate 5-van sites which are a bit cheaper but still have some facilities.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Yep.. u will save more than £15 by joining .. welcome ... depends where you want the site. Lots of cheaper camping ways but all over country. :)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
OH Campsites.... Well someone should have said...... LOL ;)

Sorry, Serious head on... I never bother, prefer rallies / meets and using pub stops etc..
Or head to France and the Aires system...

As mentions small 5 van sites are cheaper but you need to join a club to get access.

OP
OP
D

Denise Driver

Free Member
Jul 4, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach
Exp
Yes I meant camp sites I have joined the caravan club but can't seem to find reasonably priced sites perhaps I'm not searching properly

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Welcome to mhf. Join up for £15 and will be the best money you ever spent as I think you only have 5 free posts after that you can only read and this can get very frustrating. The UK Is the biggest rip off in the campsite market and not many books to help you but I think your best bet would be ACSI book gives you loads of sites all over the UK and Europe in between €14 and €18 per night max but not in high season Juky and August I think. Better in France when you get there as 1000s of free Aires (parking areas)
Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi Denise and :pink: to the madhouse,not really, you will get all the help you need.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, get yourself over to France, it's made for Motorhoming, great range of site and loads of Aires of which quite a few are free. :)

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
Hi Denise, and welcome, this is quite a lively online community but doesn't (to my knowledge) provide lists of sites (there is a wealth of other information available though, and an enormous amount of experience and knowledge that members happily share)

For campsites I use http://www.searchforsites.co.uk/ - this shows "CLs" (Camping Club certified sites) and "CSs" (Camping and Caravan Club certified sites) which I think are typically around a tenner a night.

This forum does have a lot of "wild camping" tips and information, and info about a club called "Britstop" which is a list of venues (predominantly pubs I think) which allow MoHos to stay (with an expectation but not a commitment to using the facillity provider, ie a drink or a meal in the pub)

Many campsites are more reasonable than you might think also; I use one near Bournemouth which is fully equipped for £14 a night off peak season (and I think £17 peak) which seems reasonable to me.

It might help to share your requirements - are you full timing in the van? Holidaying with Kids? etc

Anyway, good luck and welcome

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. I think that if you are looking for reasonably priced sites then the Caravan Club is not your best choice. They do require their sites to be high standard but cheap? No!

Wyn

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hi I'm looking for sites that don't charge hotel prices some are so expensive
Have you stayed in a hotel recently, never come across a campsite charging hotel prices. Twenty five pounds for a night on a good safe site is a third of a similar hotel and you still get to empty and fill your tanks and run your electrics. Sounds like a bargain. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back